Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 11:23 PM

Default Re: I\'m going to SoCal in two weeks

[ QUOTE ]
I always thought Los Feliz was a cool place to hang.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it here, just can't imagine someone from out of town visiting Los Feliz as a destination. Maybe that's why I like it so much, it's not very "LA", as I see it.
Old 05-14-2005, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love it here, just can't imagine someone from out of town visiting Los Feliz as a destination. Maybe that's why I like it so much, it's not very "LA", as I see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Los Feliz is way cool and doesn't feel as LA as Sunset, etc, of which I'm not a big fan. Ate at Fred 62 for breakfast for the first time yesterday.

All the beach locales are pretty good destinations, like the Redondo pier and Santa Monica. The Grove is also a good place to chill and eat at the Farmer's Market there, but it's kind of a family and LA-ish outdoor mall. There is also Universal City-walk, but you have to pay for parking.

If you like bar hopping, go to Santa Monica/Venice on Main Street. Less pretentious than the Sunset area and they don't charge $15 for parking. If you get a chance, hit the Standard in downtown just for the view.

For food, always try to hit the ethnic centers. Koreatown for Korean food, Monterey Park for Chinese, etc.

DN
Old 05-14-2005, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Los Feliz is way cool and doesn't feel as LA as Sunset, etc, of which I'm not a big fan. Ate at Fred 62 for breakfast for the first time yesterday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to make this a pro-Eastside hijack, but:

The Edendale Grill on Rowena, which I despise for dinner but has a very nice bar, does a good brunch. I also like the Coffee Table on Rowena for bfast. If you've never been to Pacific Dining Car on 6th near downtown go there very soon, they're open 24 hrs I think (or very late/early at least).

For dinner I've become obsessed with Nettie's in Silverlake, the food is amazing and the place is casual.