Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 06:47 PM

Default AA laydown...good ot bad??

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter

CO ($116.58)
Button ($28.1)
SB ($108.43)
BB ($52.2)
UTG ($22.5)
UTG+1 ($54.95)
Hero ($75.25)
MP1 ($24.85)
MP2 ($40)
MP3 ($24.1)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls $2.50.

Flop: ($6.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to $15</font>, Hero calls $9.

Turn: ($36.75) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 calls $36.95 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $73.70

Reliable read on villain has him as a 22.5/5.3 over 360 hands.

I smelled a set...anyone agree or disagree how I played this? Too weak tight?
Old 05-13-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Re: AA laydown...good ot bad??

Whats your read mean? I'm a newb to the forums. Does that mean he's a good player or bad?

First off, one thing that caught my attention was his slowplays. FIrst, he called the pre-flop then called your raise. Then he checkraised you on the flop! Do you think he thinks that you're wild??

To be honest, I don't think he has KK. Maybe 66 or 22. Most likely, i think hes a fish, and is semi-bluffing you with the hopes of catching a flush, with something like K J of spades. I think that 2nd spade gave him hope after his unsuccessful tries of trying to outplay you.

Seriously, that slowplay makes no sense, and isn't smart, unless you've been raising constantly before. Otherwise, he's trying to be too tricky, and that'll burn him in the long run.

If i know the "villain" is around alot, i'd pay to see his hand, then follow him around if it wasn't legit. I'm kinda dying to see what he had. Go stalk him and let us know what type of player he is, will ya? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2005, 07:03 PM

im not the smartest player here and not sure my advice means anything.. but i would prod do exactly what u did till post flop..then reraised him again. I think he may have hit a pair of kings and smelled weekness in you when u called and pushed in on you! But what do i know.. lol
Old 05-13-2005, 07:04 PM

Those stats are his VPIP/PFR. He showed his hand but I'll wait for a few more responses to tell. I don't know. The majority of the time when a good player makes a play like that he has a set. I've declared my hand...

ps how could he have KJ of spades
Old 05-13-2005, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Those stats are his VPIP/PFR. He showed his hand but I'll wait for a few more responses to tell. I don't know. The majority of the time when a good player makes a play like that he has a set. I've declared my hand...

ps how could he have KJ of spades

[/ QUOTE ]

oops. Q 10 of spaddes? A 1-to=the-flush hand. sorry.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:14 PM

I smell a set too. I think you made a fantastic laydown. What gives it away is the limp/call under the gun. That's a huge warning sign if the guy gives you a lot of action after the flop.

I don't like how Villain plays this hand though, I would've led right into you with a big bet.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:14 PM

This seems like a strange way to play a set. Since his vpip is so low it seems unlikely he flopped 2 pair with K trash. He may have called with KQ, K10 or KJ and decided you didn't have anything and tried to blow you off the hand. I would need to know the "flow" of the table in order to make the call here.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He may have called with KQ, K10 or KJ and decided you didn't have anything and tried to blow you off the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
my thoughts exactly.. AK isn't out of the ? here either in my book
Old 05-13-2005, 07:16 PM

I don't think he'd be going this crazy with anything less than ace king or a set. Since he didn't raise preflop, ace king isn't very likely.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I smell a set too. I think you made a fantastic laydown. What gives it away is the limp/call under the gun. That's a huge warning sign if the guy gives you a lot of action after the flop.

I don't like how Villain plays this hand though, I would've led right into you with a big bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, right? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

That's why i'm maybe.... 65% sure of his set. I still don't understand the acronyms PFP, etc. But 1v1, so maybe he's gambling with those low sets by calling with low pocket pair pre-flop. But still.... I guess Passover's over... because that move by "villain" was not Kosher.
hahahha