Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Unfair and unbalanced

Honestly, I don't think anyone can take someone seriously who looks at Fox this way. Hell, most of the intelligent Republicans I know (ie... people who are principled, read, don't just parrot stereotypes, etc.) can't stand Fox.

Fox isn't news. As the other person pointed out (which you seemed intent on not reading), even people who worked at Fox ADMITTED that they manipulated the news constantly to cater to the party line.

You're defense of Fox's credibility is analogous to someone watching a street magician do a trick, you declare, "Wow, you really know magic." The magician says, "no, its a trick." Even when the magician says its sleight of hand, you stick your fingers in your ears and insist that he really is magical.

Are you buddies with Jaxmike? Just curious.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I don't think anyone can take someone seriously who looks at Fox this way. Hell, most of the intelligent Republicans I know (ie... people who are principled, read, don't just parrot stereotypes, etc.) can't stand Fox.

[/ QUOTE ]McCain watches CNN. =]

Yes, I know this for a fact.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Bill O\'Reilly or FoxNews Fans

Washington post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...;notFound=true

NYT - April 15,2003 A NATION AT WAR: THE NEWS MEDIA; CNN's Silence About Torture Is Criticized By JIM RUTENBERG (NYT) 526 words

All the major media outlets carried it. Of course. The head of CNN who had oversight of this story was later forced to resign because he said US Soldiers intentionally targeted Journalists. Again, this was picked up by the major news outlets (http://www2.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/...sonjordan.cnn/).

Your turn. Show me the major network articles of Fox. Oppss. You can't??? Hmmmm.....Would it help if I ASKED IN ALL CAPS?
Old 05-13-2005, 06:15 PM

I am not a republican nor a conservative. I simply see scandals at other networks that I dont see at fox. I used to watch CNN regularly before they were shown to be liars.

I have offered up a simple challenge, which if you are right should be easy to meet. Show me articles from major news outlets that report Fox has lied. I am not here to defend Fox. I just want to see data. I can and have pointed to articles from MSM sources that report on the lies of other news outlets.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not a republican nor a conservative.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good one.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:22 PM

Oh. So you know what I am? Wow. Oh wise one - tell me what my stand is on gay marriage, gun control, and the environment?

btw - I cant decide if your new avatar is as offensive as your retarded one of wellstone the liar.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Show me the major network articles of Fox.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? What are you asking? Write a legible sentence or statement or question.

You must not be able to read.

This is how you get put on ignore. Read the facts. Fox News is most biased of all news organizations.

[ QUOTE ]
The head of CNN who had oversight of this story was later forced to resign

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what happens at every credible news org. yet has not happened at FOX.

mmmm kool aid.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh. So you know what I am? Wow. Oh wise one - tell me what my stand is on gay marriage, gun control, and the environment?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, but if you are for gun control then that doesn't make you very liberal.

True liberals oppose gun control, because the second amendment guarantees the right to bear arms.

And I don't care if you worship the environment like wacki does.

And there are plenty of Republicans in favor of gay marriage.

I also see that you lied to me about being a big fan of Wellstone. No big fan of Wellstone would call him a liar just because he decided to run again.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
O'Reilly still blows hard on Fox.

[/ QUOTE ]
O'Reilly is a blowhard. But to be fair to Fox, he's a pundit analogous to an op-ed columnist, not a newsman. And he doesn't pretend to be a newsman. He's the equivalent of the numerous blowhards found on the op-ed pages of the NYT and most other papers.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:54 PM

You are too stupid to realize that the article you posted was neither from a major network nor did it discuss any supposed lies from Fox. It simply suggested Fox is biased in its opinion. Even such a pea brainer as yourself should realize the difference. Of course, there is disagreement over the methods used to gather the data (e.g., did the study take articles from opinion shows?).

Now, back to the challenge. Show me an article from MSM where Fox has been busted for lying.

[ QUOTE ]
This is what happens at every credible news org. yet has not happened at FOX.

[/ QUOTE ]Wow. Really? At every credible news organization the head guy says that the military purposely targets jounalists, fails to provide any facts to support his argument, and then is forced to resign? Wow, I had no idea.