Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 05:56 PM

Default should i have called here?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. UTG+1 posts a blind of $2. Hero posts a blind of $2. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 (poster) checks, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero (poster) checks, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero...

i think the call here is a good call. friend thinks i should have folded. figure with that many people coming along for the ride the extra bet is worth it getting 13:1 at that point and a good chance the last two will call for 15:1. am i correct or should i have folded it even with all these limpers?
Old 05-13-2005, 05:59 PM

Default Re: should i have called here?

I would fold.

EDIT: Poo-Bah
Old 05-13-2005, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. UTG+1 posts a blind of $2. Hero posts a blind of $2. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 (poster) checks, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero (poster) checks, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero...

i think the call here is a good call. friend thinks i should have folded. figure with that many people coming along for the ride the extra bet is worth it getting 13:1 at that point and a good chance the last two will call for 15:1. am i correct or should i have folded it even with all these limpers?

[/ QUOTE ]

I might call, I might not. I don't think it matters much because the pot is so big and it's hard to spew postflop with this sort of hand (ie you're going to play fairly perfectly postflop, folding most of the time).
Old 05-13-2005, 06:03 PM

Yes, fold it. 93o is such a poor hand that you shouldnt even consider calling this. Over 318 hands of 93o, my VPIP is still 0%. If you do happen to hit top pair, your kicker is extremely weak, plus you are very susceptible to redraws, which will cost you a lot of money, as you probably won't let it go. The chances of flopping two pair or better are so miniscule they can't even be considered, and you will still lose plenty of times when that happens. Fold.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:05 PM

Read the hand quiz on page 260 of SSH with regards to playing J4s. J4s is MUCH stronger than 93o. Granted the situation Ed gives is much less favorable than the one you are in, but his advice still applies IMO.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:05 PM

I wouldn't call this a "good call"
Old 05-13-2005, 06:29 PM

well i went into pokerstove and tried it out

39o wins about 8.3% of the time against 7 randoms

assuming i get i of the 2 left to call i am getting 14:1 on the call, which means i need to win about 7.1% of the time to make it ev+.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well i went into pokerstove and tried it out

39o wins about 8.3% of the time against 7 randoms

assuming i get i of the 2 left to call i am getting 14:1 on the call, which means i need to win about 7.1% of the time to make it ev+.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can't just Pokerstove things like these. First of all these hands ain't random and second you'll recieve great reversed implied odds if you hit. You will liely end up paying of a better hand or get outdrawn.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:33 PM

This would be correct if all of the limpers VPIP were 100, and the PFR's was 100/100. Otherwise, their hands are not random.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:39 PM

so it was a bad call then? allrighty i wont do it again if it comes up

(and lucky me hit two pair on the flop and a boat on the turn and won me a 26BB pot if anyone cares)