Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2003, 02:39 PM

Default What is a bad beat story?

If it's NOT a bad beat story, then why are you asking a question like "should I be pissed?"

You are directly correlating your "right to be pissed" to your opponent's "right to call my *obviously* strong bet". Is that not the cornerstone of every bad beat story?

If it's not a bad beat story, then why is the first question you ask whether you should be upset at his decision to call you with what APPEARS to be nothing.

You missed the whole point of my reply: IRRESPECTIVE of whether he made a bad call or not, the answer to your question is NO, you should NOT get pissed, no matter HOW bleak his chances happened to be. Jugding by the way you flew off the handle, however, I'd say that's a lesson you could stand learning, as it can only help your poker out as well.

You can disagree with my assessment of your play, that is fine. Yes, there is a good chance that Mr P does have a weak hand (to which you are only about a 7-3 favorite over, may I adD) but not only are there a lot of possible hands that Mr. P. could have you beat with, you could be walking right into a 7 or even a bigger King that someone checked earlier with the intention of catching Mr. P bluffing.

Taking a stab at a paired board is fine, I personally would have waited until I had something stronger, such as top pair with overcard kickers or top pair + mediocre backup draws. That's just me.

M.