Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2003, 12:21 AM

Default Party Poker - where do these people come from?

Did anyone play on Party tonight? I played some 2-4 through 5-10 and the games were absolutely amazing. There were 3-4 complete maniacs at each table. Does anyone know why the games were so good? Is there some kind of promo going on that I don't know about?

Incidentally, I had my biggest single session loss ever on the day of the best games I have ever seen....talk about ironic.

-- Homer
Old 04-05-2003, 12:51 AM

Default Re: Party Poker - where do these people come from?

Party Poker - where do these people come from?

springfield

Old 04-05-2003, 01:23 AM

Homer,

I saw the same thing...and I think we were on a couple of the same tables together. A bunch of players I don't know...and crazy.
Old 04-05-2003, 02:40 AM

So Homer, how much did you lose on the day?
Old 04-05-2003, 02:42 AM

Crazy games tonight!! After digging myself into a loss of $300 or so, I escaped unscathed close to even. I don't recall seeing games like this in a long time. I think you could play your pocket aces face up they would still chase you. It's insane but the games are full of action. (maybe "I" am all the action!) Hope the game is the same tomorrow. Love new players...and it seems there are plenty. Cheers!

SixersFan
Old 04-10-2003, 11:02 AM

yep, lots o' maniacs right after the 20% bonus. it takes a bit of adjusting and notetaking but it's pretty cool. and yes, of course sixersfan was all the action [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

robpg
Old 04-10-2003, 11:51 AM

NLHE I make it $7 preflop after 5 limpers to me on the button (I have AA), 1 caller.... flop k-10-3 rainbow, checked to me I bet $10 putting them all-in for $9.They call.... turn..... river, they show down J-5o...... Gotta Love Party Poker!
Old 04-10-2003, 12:09 PM

"Incidentally, I had my biggest single session loss ever on the day of the best games I have ever seen"

Are you really sure the game was so good? I ask because I usually lose at a real wild game myself. 3 maniacs raising at every chance with no cards at all. Pot gets too big so everyone has to look. You have to get the cards and they have to be good at showdown.

I used to look for those games. Now I just avoid them. I'm much more comfortable grinding it out against my typical passive/loose and weak/tight competition. Let the maniacs have their fun without me. I don't need the swings or the frustration. Especially when I can have some loose passive fish calling my top pair all the way home drawing to a 2 outer in a normal game. Those maniacs build a pot and everyone has to come along for the ride and the suckouts will be excruciating.
Old 04-10-2003, 01:32 PM

No, the game was damn good, I just got my ass kicked by runner-runner type hands. For example, in one hand I had AQ and was HU against T8 on a flop of AQx. I bet, he called. Turn came a T. I bet, he called. River came a T. I bet, he raised, I called. Additionally, when I pumped flush draws (nut flush draws with practically everyone in the hand), they didn't get there. I realize that the variance is higher but I have no doubt that my EV is as well. This, of course, assumes that I won't go on tilt after a few beats (which I don't think I did).

-- Homer