Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 11:29 AM

Default Re: 80/160 GAME AT BELLAGIO

[ QUOTE ]

No very good player is going 9 bets on the turn without the nuts, making this line of thinking moot IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything I have been told about big live games like this says that this is utterly incorrect. I believe Diablo at some point said that one of the big differences between online players and people in the bigger B&M games is that in those games that absolutley WILL go 9 bets on the turn without the nuts and even the v. good online players aren't prepared to deal with that.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So, a very good player who makes huge mathematical mistakes by pushing a draw so hard on the turn suddenly just MUST be a thinking gamble-free player on the river? I mean, you are saying that there is not a chance (i.e. given your no brainer fold comment) that he is just gambling on the river again with a hand less than QQ.

I know what you are getting at from a generailized point of view but it doesn't fit here.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I'd say.

~D
Old 05-13-2005, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My bad. All bow down to Tommy Angelo. Please...though he seems to be a good player, his advice (though well written)was way off in this case.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

You were correcting Ikke too.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:55 PM

Default Dids . . .

How 'bout you have a minimum of at least one post per year were you say something without sounding like you want to give Diablo or one of your other favorite posters a hummer out in the parking lot?

TSP
Old 05-13-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Re: Dids . . .

If I wanted to be really sycophantic I would point out that Paluka executed this joke better than you did like three days ago.

Frankly-, I think I'd be an [censored] if I repeated something I learned from someboyd without mentioning the fact that they were the person I learned it from.