Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 11:39 PM

Default Raised when calling with overcards

So I've been lurking for a while and decided to post my first hand. I think I misplayed this on pretty much every street.

I don't think I should have raised preflop (I don't remember why I did.) I feel iffy about my call on the flop. And I know I should have folded somewhere. Do I fold to the raise on the flop or wait til the turn? Should I have led out the turn or check/called? Please dissect.

(I don't have too much of a read on UTG+1. He was pretty fishy - seeing about 1/3 of the flops with an aggession factor of a little over 1.)

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 max, 9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP3 folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks.

Final Pot: 11 BB
Old 05-13-2005, 09:24 AM

Default Re: Raised when calling with overcards

bump
Old 05-13-2005, 09:45 AM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

This looks fine. Once u call the first bet on the flop, u have to call the second. And i think that calling the flop is the best move here as well.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:58 AM

I personally don't like to raise this hand out of the BB but whatever, I'm sure it can't be that bad. I fold the flop though with 2 players to act behind me and the SB betting. It's a mediocrish board, 2 suited. I don't think there's any harm in just releasing here. 27 is right though, once you call the flop bet you have to call the second, so beyond that, nh.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:12 AM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

Yeah, i agree, folding the flop is probably better. 8:1 on a co-ordinated flop not closing the action can be a problem. I often do raise KQo especially if the limpers suck and the sb completes.