Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 09:03 PM

Default Re: ONLINE POKER IS 100% RIGGED

I've heard all the money made by NASA selling photo-rights for the faked Apollo moon missions is being used to set-up poker sites with the sole purpose of funding another fake mission to Mars. Of course this is only idle hearsay and I'd be very happy to see some EVIDENCE.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This poster is wrong, and so are you about Randi. James Randi is an idiot, several people have offered to take him on over the so-called offer for ESP but he has the habit of setting impossible-to-meet conditions (so I have heard). If you want proof of the existence of ESP speak to the Military regarding their "remote viewing" experiments (both in the USA and Soviet Union) or maybe just take a look at the results produced by the internationally respected PEAR Lab. at Princeton University (Princeton Engineering Anonmalies Research Laboratory). They have a website and some of the research and background is published in their book "Margins of Reality".

It is not a question of whether ESP exists or not, it exists and demonstrably so. The problem is (i) providing some kind of mechanism to explain it, which is necessary for any theory to have credence and (ii) finding out the practical uses and limitations.

Those who belong to the "there is no evidence" are basically the same as Randi "we refuse to listen, we refuse to see, so we refute (as we have neither seen or heard)". There is a huge and growing body of credible evidence if you would only bother to look (which you clearly have not). Sure there are any number of crackpots, but there are also a growing number of respected physicists and psychologist, surgeons etc. that now accept its existence both from experimental data and the substantial quantity of anecdotal and experiential evidence. If you refuse to believe it, you are a fool, the evidence is overwhelming. Oh well, I hope your flat-earth membership goes though ok...

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong my friend - I know James Randi and he is a genius. It is always the frauds and fakers who claim his testing methods are unfair - because it prevents them from cheating. His methods are extremely fair and scientific.

As to your claim of internationally respected PEAR Lab. at Princeton University (Princeton Engineering Anonmalies Research Laboratory). I did a google on it and not one reference came up. How respected is it you Bozo????
Old 05-13-2005, 09:22 AM

http://www.princeton.edu/~pear/
Old 05-13-2005, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.princeton.edu/~pear/

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the link. However, are you aware of any respected scientific organizations who have commented on their work or duplicated any of their claims in another lab?
Old 05-13-2005, 05:49 PM

I, too, know Randi and can vouch for the fact that his offer is legitimate. Alas, the claimants aren't.

As a former psychology professor and the author of a book on the subject, I have spent much time researching the issue of ESP and psychic claims.

I know of many people who claim that ESP is a demonstrable fact. Unfortunately, I know of no one who has ever demonstrated it.

It is possible, I suppose, that psi forces may exist in some non-utilitarian fashion. Of course, that has never been proven, but, who knows...

What we see on the stage, however, is never psychic, it is always magic. If ESP exists it certainly does not exist in any way that would permit some performer to call upon it at show time. Kreskin, John Edwards, Uri Geller, and their ilk are, of course, magicians.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:34 PM

Funny how everyone jumps on such an obvious provocation/hoax.

But it is worth remembering that there is a big difference between "online poker is generally legitimate" and "every online poker site is legitimate". Human greed and folly being what it is, the day will surely come when some online poker room is caught rigging the RNG for fraudulent purposes.

Not to name any names, but I might think twice about a site that 1) clearly seems to think winning players are a business liability and 2) makes it difficult or impossible to assemble a statistically significant number of hand histories, thereby preventing any meaningful analysis from being done. If someone were corrupt that's exactly what I would expect to see.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:26 PM

Would you provide the website address, please?

Thank you.

Regards,

Al
Old 05-17-2005, 06:45 PM

A moment ago I asked him for the website address. I am one of the people who says, "There is no evidence."

If he or they have evidence, I want to see it.

Until I see it, I will repeat my earlier position, "ESP is nonsense."

If I see scientifically credible evidence, I will gladly change my mind, but the burden of proof is unquestionably on those who claim that ESP exists.

As for the point about "impossible to meet conditions," I know almost nothing about Randi, nor do I take him seriously. I do know that many people without training in the sciences regard STANDARD scientific controls such as large, representative samples and double blinds as "impossible to meet." But every competent scientist knows that these conditions exist for a reason: To prevent "Voodoo science" from influencing people's decisions.

The book by that title is well worth reading. It briefly mentions ESP, but spends a lot of time on other scientific frauds such as cold fusion and various other "solutions" to our energy problems.

Regards,

Al
Old 05-17-2005, 08:51 PM

The main problem with this post is the complete absence of any UN involvement reference. This leads me to believe the poster is just part of the whole New World Order conspiracy using the Illumanati as their favorite smokescreen. This concentrates the public's focus on the banking industry and away from the global-political power structure using online poker to subsidize terrorist actions such as the Oklahoma City, the attempted assassination of Randy Weaver, the successful assassinations of Lincoln, the Kennedys, and the sinking of the Titanic (by a nascent UN's (not outwardly known) black submarine). Ladies and Gentleman BEWARE!
Old 05-17-2005, 09:27 PM

The stubborn skeptic wants more than anything to be correct. His search for "truth" will always be insincere because its not truth he searches for, but self-confirmation. His ego is his greatest undoing. It is those that defy skepticism with an almost blind faith that will make true progress toward truth. A hint of skepticism can keep one grounded in reality but lack of open-mindedness can keep one from ever discovering truth.

That being said, the original post is nonsense and should be ignored. Focus, instead, on the interesting questions that have been raised by repliers. Some good stuff can be gleaned from this thread.
Closed Thread