Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 09:33 PM

Default What would you do?

I'll preface this by saying that UTG was extrememly aggressive and had pushed me and others off a few hands.
Also, the more I think about this, I'm sure I made the right decision, but am curious of how you guys would react and rationalize your decision.
I also was faced with a tough choice on the flop (bet to get him out or maximize profit?) and am not sure I played it correctly. Feedback on that would be great also.

PokerRoom No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (9 handed) converter

($332.25)
MP3 ($116.50)
CO (Hero) ($180.25)
Button ($5)
SB ($97)
BB ($311.75)
UTG ($331)
UTG+1 ($230)
MP1 ($85.25)

Hero has QQ
Preflop: UTG posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, Button calls $5 (All-In), SB calls $7, UTG (poster) calls $6.

Flop: ($29) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, SB folds, UTG calls $6.

Turn: ($41) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $45</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $95</font>, UTG calls $25.

River: ($161) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $106</font>, Hero ?.

Final Pot: $373 <font color="red"> </font> [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2005, 09:39 PM

Default Re: What would you do?

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: ($41) 2 (4 players, 1 all-in)
UTG checks, Hero bets $10, UTG raises to $45, Hero raises to $95, UTG calls $25.

River: ($161) 4 (4 players, 1 all-in)
UTG bets $106, Hero ?.

[/ QUOTE ]

WEll on the turn you got nuts except for an 2 card to straight that put would mean he is a maniac, so when he pushes you, you gotta think he MAY be loose enough to chase that flush so maybe a slightly bigger re-raise, but on the river, either he hit Something like A K flush or he pulled a stop and go because he put you on KQ or AQ and he may have flopped a 2 pair or trips??
Old 05-12-2005, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: ($29) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, SB folds, UTG calls $6.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont like the underbet ... lead strong - its multiway and there is a flush draw and a str8 draw out there. You allowed 45 to get there on the turn and the flush to get there on the river.

If UTG is aggressive, then bet close to the pot on the flop and try to make it seem as if you're just making a continuation bet to tempt him to come back over the top.

Just b/c he's aggro dont let him draw for cheap to try to hit a piece. theres too many draws out there.

bet your hand
Old 05-12-2005, 10:18 PM

Ugh. This type of thinking is horrible. 45 is a very legitimate hand UTG could have, especially considering he posted UTG and thus doesn't understand much about position.

On the flop, bet $25.

Someone who lets people catch hands than goes crazy after they show significant strength is way more of a maniac than people who call with drawing hands getting 5:1 at all times.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:38 PM

Well, for the record, I was incredible upset with my turn bet also. About 1 second after I bet it, I kicked myself.
UTG was aggressive, but it was always seemed to be when he missed. I also noticed it was with high cards, KQs, JQs, AJs etc., so his turn bet didn't scare me...the river spade did though, but I figured he wouldn't have taken the stab on the turn on a draw, he would have just called...so I called...and won the pot. He showed KJo!