Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 05:49 AM

Default Rake Will Never Be Lower - It Sucks

Party can charge whatever rake the fish will accept. The fish are losing thier money already because they don't understand the game. They understand the rake even less.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:10 AM

Default Re: Don\'t be fooled!! The Rake is ......

The scornful replies to this post are not necessary. He is right, Party is not ethical in the way they handle rake. Not necessarily because they charge too much - they are free to charge whatever they want in a free market, but because they do not inform the players when they increase the rake. Are you people even aware they increased the rake between April 10th and April 12th? No? I thought not. When I brought this subject up in the HUSH forum not many seemed to even care. Noone had noticed it, and noone were interested in checking their databases to see for themselves (and you wonder why poker sites do not compete on rake when even high volume players care so little [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]).

Also, I pay $5000 a month in rake. Is the level of service fair in comparison with how much they make? Of course they are not. I really start to wonder why Lorinda and others talk about it being unfair to get involved in rakeback programs. She seem like a very reasonable and clearheaded person in other matters but in this particular case I think she is way out there. I can't imagine she is on the paylist.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:31 AM

I haven't seen this posted yet, but I believe I have a reasonable alternative.

What about just capping the amount of rake you pay each month at $100 or $250 or whatever amount is necessary.

Small players would be unaffected. Frequent players would be rewarded. Affliates would perhaps be damaged but not crippled if they removed rakeback.

For ring games, the rake schedule is multipled by percentage of players at the table who have not met the monthly rake requirement. If 7 players at table have not met the rake requirement, then the $1 pulled from a $20 pot would actually be $0.70 pulled.

--------Edit-----------
As implemented above, the benefit is diluted over the whole table. Small and Frequent players are rewarded equally. To reward Frequent players only the standard rake would be collected and the Frequent player's portion instantly credited to the account.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:33 AM

Default Re: Rake Will Never Be Lower - It Sucks

Fish: You only pay rake if you are winning so it's a GOOD THING to be paying rake.

Same logic that thinks a tax rebate is good forgetting the Gov has had the use of their money interest free.

It seems math and thinking past the next 5 minutes is beyond 90% of the current population.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:18 AM

Veresov started this thread by complaining about the rake at Party, stating that they were crooks, and asking whether anyone had determined their rake fees for the month.

1. "Exorbitant" is in the eyes of the beholder. I detest the rake fees as well, but obviously not enough to move elsewhere because of other benefits derived from the site. Party, like any other business, has a delicate balance to maintain. If the rake becomes too high in relation to the benefits, they will be forced to adjust it downward. But that won't happen, of course, unless enough customers like Veresov complain AND affect their bottom line in some way (like leaving for a competetive site with lower rake). It's no different than any other business.

2. While I happen to agree with you, veresov, that the fees are high, I don't agree that they are crooks. A "crook" would steal my money without my permission (like taxes for instance!). I'm giving it to them willingly in return for a service. And I will discontinue doing so whenever the return isn't what I expect.

3. Yes, I have looked at what I paid in April and yes, it was disgusting. But NOT disgusting enough. If/when it is, I will leave Party and go elsewhere.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've heard of $4 rake being pulled at $3/6 games..

[/ QUOTE ]

I played last weekend at a room that charged a $3 rake on every flop, $1 jackpot drop, and most players who dragged a pot tipped $1. That's $5 coming out of every pot, and this was a $3/$6 game.

And you know what? There were lots of pros and semipros who were glad to pay it and make money there day in and day out.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they were tipping it must have been a live room. There are no pro B&M 3/6 players. Can't be done.

--Zetack
Old 05-12-2005, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2. While I happen to agree with you, veresov, that the fees are high, I don't agree that they are crooks. A "crook" would steal my money without my permission (like taxes for instance!).

[/ QUOTE ]
Which is not far from raising the rake without telling the customer. Am I wrong?
Old 05-12-2005, 03:34 PM

Mr Graff,

Thank you for your feedback! I am saying that the rake fees are outrageous and I agree with you that the service isnt worth $5000 per month. As soon as a rakefree model comes out, we the players should move to show our feelings about the current rake structure. We cannot let these guys rape us and let these affiliates think that their livelyhood is more important than the people playing at these sites. I know from speaking to my friends that it won't take much for them to leave a PartyPoker if the fees are reasonable.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:56 PM

If a reputable rakefree site is established, I'd be the first to set up an account. However, I go as the fish go and, because they do not care to understand the concept of rake, it isn't likely they will find their way over.

The last thing I need to do is pay $50 - $100 month to get my ass kicked by a bunch of 2+2ers.

I can go to GamesGrid for that pleasure... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mr Graff,

Thank you for your feedback! I am saying that the rake fees are outrageous and I agree with you that the service isnt worth $5000 per month. As soon as a rakefree model comes out, we the players should move to show our feelings about the current rake structure. We cannot let these guys rape us and let these affiliates think that their livelyhood is more important than the people playing at these sites. I know from speaking to my friends that it won't take much for them to leave a PartyPoker if the fees are reasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

You still haven't answered my question.