Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 11:52 AM

Default Re: lost on what to do here?

Dont give other players too much credit. Maybe it was a misclick but with 4 left yesterday, I saw a shortstack with 340 post a sb of 300 (600bb) and fold to BB when it was folded to him. everyone else had a healthy stack.

Id push here.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:54 AM

I hear what you're saying BUT.. the correct play for BB is to call with any two.. Honestly from my experience, the BB will call/push there at least 80% of the time.. and even if you push and he folds you're still not a cinch for 3rd.

It's a tough one for sure but I'm folding 32s in that spot everytime unless I know the BB shortstack is tighter than.. well, you know.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:06 PM

I thought about pushing, but there is no way that the BB folds to my raise. He only has 300 after posting the blind. This was a $30 SNG, so players aren't completely retarded. If I were the BB(with only 2x the BB) and had the 32s, I'd call the SB's all-in. I ended up folding and busting on the next hand with a K8 vs the BB's 810s.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought about pushing, but there is no way that the BB folds to my raise. He only has 300 after posting the blind. This was a $30 SNG, so players aren't completely retarded. If I were the BB(with only 2x the BB) and had the 32s, I'd call the SB's all-in. I ended up folding and busting on the next hand with a K8 vs the BB's 810s.

[/ QUOTE ]

believe it or not...you still have some FE...and believe it or not...this hand can win.

yeah...obviously you do not want to be in this position...but you were. I dont think there is actually a clear cut better choice here. It sucks to be crippled is the moral.