Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 09:15 AM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!
Default Re: I just don\'t get it...

If you have 300 BB and are competent to beat 2/4, u should have no bank roll issues. If u don't know whether or not u are, u can play until u have like 150 BB, then drop down to 1/2. Wait until u have at least 10k hands at 2/4 b/f u post stats and what not if u need to.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have 300 BB and are competent to beat 2/4, u should have no bank roll issues. If u don't know whether or not u are, u can play until u have like 150 BB, then drop down to 1/2. Wait until u have at least 10k hands at 2/4 b/f u post stats and what not if u need to.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good suggestion. Maybe I have been going about it wrong. I play the low limits until a certain level, at that point I give myself 25BB to sit at a $2/$4 table and see if I can get something going. If I drop that 25BB, it's back to the kiddie pool where I build it up again. Seems like I'm getting nowhere because I can't win anything at the $2/$4. One thing I like about $2/$4 is bets mean a little more than the lower limits and you know whether you're ahead of behind. At the $1/$2 limit I've seen a guy with pocket AA hit an A on the flop and just check call down to the river without a scary board.

It's frustrating, because I don't make huge mistakes. I calculate odds for all my draws, pay attention to the pot and the players, but I just can't get anything going.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:35 AM

To avoid getting (quite rightfully) flamed in the future may I suggest taking the advice found here?
Old 05-12-2005, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To avoid getting (quite rightfully) flamed in the future may I suggest taking the advice found here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus Christ are you done yet? You are the biggest doushbag I've seen on these boards, and I've lurked long before I joined.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:49 AM

Apparently you only lurked in OOT or you would have realized how stupid your original post was.

Oh, and you misspelled "douche."

Please go away or get humble real quick.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:53 AM

Boy you just can't let it go, can you fatty? I said it before, but you came into my thread and contributed nothing, unlike a few polite and friendly people who actually had something worthwhile to say. I'm sorry that you rolled out of the wrong side of bed this morning. I forgive you. Now let it go.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:54 AM

Did you ever consider that you just suck at poker? Stick to the kiddie pool and don't move up until you have a real idea about this game.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:56 AM

Yes I have considered that. And it's highly possible. That's why when I lose some, I move back down and build up again. Looks like I'll be living out the rest of my life at the $1/$2 5-6 max tables. Lots of action...lot of action.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:58 AM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

[ QUOTE ]
Did you ever consider that you just suck at poker? Stick to the kiddie pool and don't move up until you have a real idea about this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

A-baum,
I do agree with a lot of RMarrotti's comments, even though he was kind of a dick about it. However, never listen to a word from Super Pro. He is a dick and a moron.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:00 AM

Well I was just looking for some advice in general, that's why I didn't make it real specific. And about searching, how exactly do you search for "I am successful at one limit but when I move up I get eaten alive"?

Wasn't quite sure that would work in the search.