Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 12:13 AM

Default the nuts

[ QUOTE ]
Can I kick someone in the nuts even if they don't tell me not to tip the dealer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. You can.

Then you tell them...

Screw you guys, I'm going home.

al
Old 05-11-2005, 02:06 AM

Default Re: Dealer tipping. Advice?

It goes against every principle I have to kick a guy in the nuts.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:36 AM

You cheap bastards' just won't let this go.

You are "supposed" to tip your dealer when the "two" of you have coordinated together to win you some money. It's a show a appreciation for giving you the good cards instead of the guy next to you. Not unlike the waitress bringing you a drink. You tip her don't you? Why? Because you want her to bring you another drink soon.
So by your lack of tokes when you win, the dealer knows you don't need a winning pot/hand anytime soon.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:05 PM

I almost tipped one once, but my date grabbed my hand and said, "That won't be necessary."
Old 05-11-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You cheap bastards' just won't let this go.

You are "supposed" to tip your dealer when the "two" of you have coordinated together to win you some money. It's a show a appreciation for giving you the good cards instead of the guy next to you. Not unlike the waitress bringing you a drink. You tip her don't you? Why? Because you want her to bring you another drink soon.
So by your lack of tokes when you win, the dealer knows you don't need a winning pot/hand anytime soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am SOOO looking you up on my next trip to vegas. I tip g00t! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2005, 10:07 PM

When I play in Foxwoods where the dealers don't keep their own tips, I will typically give a dollar in an entire night. I just don't see the point. Besides that most of the dealers at Foxwoods are awful. When dealers keep their own tips I tip more often, but giving away to much in tips is like a second rake, and if you are playing red chips it can really eat into your profits in the long run.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I play in Foxwoods where the dealers don't keep their own tips, I will typically give a dollar in an entire night. I just don't see the point. Besides that most of the dealers at Foxwoods are awful. When dealers keep their own tips I tip more often, but giving away to much in tips is like a second rake, and if you are playing red chips it can really eat into your profits in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

took the words right out of my mouth. Toking at the wood sucks. I can't stand the fact that tipping a great dealer is also giving money to the suckiest dealer. The good dealers there would be taking in a minimum of $8 more per hour if they kept their own tips.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:40 AM

I want to share with you all what I saw on Sunday while I was working as a dealer. I was about to push a 3/6 hold'em game.. and a female dealer was in the box... the gentleman in seat 6 pushed about 20 white chips toward her and she started to color them up to red for him. He said.. "No that is for you!!".. I don't know if it was Mother's day, or what, but she had not dealt him a winning hand and she told me later she had to explain the betting limits to him several times.. I was so glad that she got that nice tip, cause she's a single mom and working her ass off at a min wage job. She's stuck on Day Shift cause of her kids, so she doesn't make the money the evening shift does.

I appreciate all my tips, since I know that you don't have to tip me. I try to provide a good service and fast dealing to get you guys the most games...

I can tell you that the best tipping is at the low limit tables. I can't tell you how many $1,000.00 pots I have pushed to the winner on the no-limit only to receive a buck or two.. yet a regular on the 3/6 will tip me two bucks off of a $30.00 pot.

I know that several of the dealers that had come over from Blackjack went back to the pit because of the tipping... They can make 200+ per night dealing blackjack.(pooled). and most dealers were only making between 50-70 bucks (not pooled), less the percentage we have to toke out to the floor and the tips we give to cashier in the cage.

thanks for your tips...

And if you don't like the dealer or the service is poor, don't tip.. but if you like the dealer let em know by tossin a buck our way..

Thanks

pokermama
Old 05-12-2005, 04:53 AM

As a dealer I appreciate your toke. I thank you for it as well. It is the reason I am trying to deal a fast clean legit game.

You people that don't tip, or tip "a dollar in an entire night". Do you feel comfortable telling people this in person. I know over the net its not a problem, but you know we live in a society that has certain guidelines for tipping. Many people you encouter are expecting tips from you. ESPECAILLY in VEGAS! I mean hello!?! If you are coming to Vegas and thinking you are cool because you are not tipping someone, then you are a true jackass.
Vegas is the city of greased palms and kickbacks. If you haven't figured this out please keep your butt home in Tightwad, WY.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:27 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

Generally, on a table (3-6 or higher) with $3 rake + JP if the pot is $30 or more, I tip $1.

If the pot is enormous, I might give an extra $1.

The key is consistency.

b