Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 02:48 AM

Default Am I just spewing on this hand?

Ok, this hand is against a known 2+2er. I put his pre-flop raise on some sort of isolation play since no one else had called my raise. Is the cap too much? What about the turn raise? I don't think I can fold but I would like comments on all streets if you guys dont' mind. And yes I have follwoed the 5/1 rule so gimme some feedback.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (18 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB
Old 05-11-2005, 03:09 AM

Default Re: Am I just spewing on this hand?

I don't care for the flop three-bet, since even with three players you are basically in a wa/wb situation. Furthermore, the turn card only cements your wa/wb status. Indeed, when you raise the turn, you expose yourself to a three-bet if MP2 has KK/AA, while encouraging him to fold 99/TT/JJ.

Consequently, I would have just called the flop raise, and then once the turn brought the third 3, I would had just called again.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Am I just spewing on this hand?

Tough to fold this, you're basically putting him on KK or AA if you do. Probably KK since you've got an A.

I think I call down after the flop. If he's behind, you make the most by letting him keep betting and calling. If he was behind he might fold to a turn raise. If he's ahead, you lose the least this way.