Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 10:57 AM

Default Re: My TruePoker WSOP 120K Hand Challenge - update # 2

[ QUOTE ]
However, for arguments sake, I do not think the site would care less who was playing the hands, on the condition that it was not an existing TruePoker player already. 120k hands generates 12k in rake, it doesnt matter who clicks the mouse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why can't some of you guys understand this?! It's not complex. TruePoker is NOT just doing this for the lousy rake. They're doing it to understand high volume play and to improve their site. Having a team of players churn out the hands does nothing to further this effort.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:02 AM

It furthers the efforts to explore the option of players to combine their hands each month for better rakeback deals.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else think his productivity at his real job is taking a definite nose dive while he plays 50 or so hours of poker per week?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's not a problem. I cleared it with the boss.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like an interesting conversation. Care to expand?
Old 05-11-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else think his productivity at his real job is taking a definite nose dive while he plays 50 or so hours of poker per week?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's not a problem. I cleared it with the boss.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like an interesting conversation. Care to expand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not at liberty to discuss, but lets just say it was a one sided conversation.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Suggestion #1: If you want to attract high volume players, as a first step you need to make sure that your platform is compatible with Pokertracker. If it is not, you should work with Pat at PT to have him develop support for Truepoker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree 100%. I think the site is really nice, but until I can rate the people I'm playing against, and collect the history of my sessions in pokertracker (this is vital information to me, I can't speak for anyone else) I'll do most of my playing elsewhere.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Suggestion #1: If you want to attract high volume players, as a first step you need to make sure that your platform is compatible with Pokertracker. If it is not, you should work with Pat at PT to have him develop support for Truepoker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree 100%. I think the site is really nice, but until I can rate the people I'm playing against, and collect the history of my sessions in pokertracker (this is vital information to me, I can't speak for anyone else) I'll do most of my playing elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, let's think about this for a second. Would not a poker site remain more fishier if it were not compatible with Pokertracker? Not saying that TruePoker should not, I think it is just something to consider.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:41 PM

Stop posting and PLAY POKER.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like O'Doyle mentioned...

On the other hand, a site that is not Poker Tracker compatible will keep most of you sharks out of that particular tank.

Just think about your remark for a second. Most of yous guys like to rate players and keep stats on everyone to help your decision making, well your average fish isn't doing that. So any site that doesn't "allow" that, actually encourages the fish to play there. I'm not sure if that actually happens, but it sounds plausible.