Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Deals when HU

Come on man. This whining has got to stop. "I'm no good at heads-up play. Blah blah blah." Of course it was a bad idea to accept the chop. Assuming you are a better poker player than your opponent, and because you are a proven winnning player it is safe to assume that you are the better player in a HU match most of the time, it is a bad idea to accept a deal that gives you your ICM-determined fraction of the prize pool. End of story.

Oh, and even I have too much of a life to put chops into the AM spreadsheet.

Slim
Old 05-10-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course it was a bad idea to accept the chop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Judging from dfscott's recent posts on here, I don't think he believes he has the best of it a lot of the time when it gets to heads up. If this was the case here, why is chopping a bad idea? It's unconvential I guess, but I don't think it's "bad" in the least.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:58 PM

I think his whole problem is he thinks he has the worst of it, but he's actually wrong. I'm hardly useful at poker, but really, I find it hard to believe that a player who has learned SnG play well enough to beat the Party 33's 4-tabling is somehow at a disadvantage heads-up against a random heads-up opponent. Think like a winner!

Slim
Old 05-10-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think his whole problem is he thinks he has the worst of it, but he's actually wrong. I'm hardly useful at poker, but really, I find it hard to believe that a player who has learned SnG play well enough to beat the Party 33's 4-tabling is somehow at a disadvantage heads-up against a random heads-up opponent. Think like a winner!

Slim

[/ QUOTE ]

It won't work!! You won't trick me into looking at my stats to find out!!!!

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Slim

[/ QUOTE ]

It won't work!! You won't trick me into looking at my stats to find out!!!!

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care if you look at your stats. It's probably easier to think you're a winner if you don't look because you can't get depressed about stats that you can't fully interpret.

Look in the mirror. Say "David... hi David... you are a good heads-up player. You don't have to win every match." Go on. Do it. "You are still a skilled poker player even if you don't always win all of the... um... betting chips. People will still love and respect you."

Slim, who is good enough, smart enough, and doggonit, people like him.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Deals when HU (actually answering your question)

PS will chop any tourney, provided you email them the way it says to on their website. I have chopped a 5 dollar tourney, and for the record, i got a dollar less than 2nd place money when i had 25% the stack of the other two players. That chop, I will take every time. oh my bad, you are talking about chopping headsup. At any rate, support will honor any chop request.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:59 PM

DFSCOTT, if you read this forum a lot, its really a disgrace for you not to be a favorite against some random idiot headsup with equal chips. It's really not that complicated, especially with high blinds, and your opponents will play poorly on average (usually by folding too much).

Headsup and ITM play online is so easy in my opinion, that you should probably think about mastering that, and then worry about other stuff, as it'll raise your ROI by quite a bit.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:02 PM

When blinds get high , is it possible to be too aggressive HU? (In terms of puhing standards, not calling)

ie. Once blinds reach a certain level, can a strategy of going all in with everyhand in the SB be much worse than only going all in with a certain range of hands?
Old 05-10-2005, 08:06 PM

Probably it can be. I sure don't move allin every hand. I just feel like my results once Im in the money are very good, and the strategy at that point is very simple, yet more people don't focus on this because it feels so good just to make the money, and so painful when they don't, so they focus on this part of their game more.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:20 PM

Doesn't the 10BB rule address this?