Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2005, 03:29 AM

Default Re: Final table at Party $30 buyin

This looks like a good spot to go for a limp/push IMO, but I can't fault not doing it.

If you limp and someone raises you, a reraise will often fold hands you don't want calling. If they call, well then you are still a coinflip.

I know blinds are big and you'd like to take them down, but I've found that you can often take them down with a positional bet should nobody but the blinds come along. This is also a great way to win (or lose) if others play.

And if you lose this pot you are still in decent shape.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is also a great way to win (or lose) if others play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meant to say great way to win or lose a big pot if others play.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:42 AM

Default Re: Horaay!

[ QUOTE ]
Got my first win in this one. So many 2 and 3, but now I broke my cherry!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats on your win Moonsugar!! Nice to win one finally after being close so many times [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2005, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This looks like a good spot to go for a limp/push IMO, but I can't fault not doing it.

If you limp and someone raises you, a reraise will often fold hands you don't want calling. If they call, well then you are still a coinflip.

I know blinds are big and you'd like to take them down, but I've found that you can often take them down with a positional bet should nobody but the blinds come along. This is also a great way to win (or lose) if others play.

And if you lose this pot you are still in decent shape.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem I have with the limp is what if you have a button limp, sb complete, and bb check? Post flop becomes a problem that may very well have been avoided with a raise.

And before you answer you have to be able to play post flop, which I agree, you've just put in over 10% of your stack with a sb putting in over 25%. Think he's going anywhere on the hand? What do you do with a push and no A or K, which will happen 2/3 of the time?

Personally at this stage in a tournament I like the raise and the call. Sucks you lost a race, but that's how it goes at the final table. Think of your stack the 50% of the time you hit in that situation. Can you wait for a better opportunity with 9 bb?