Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2005, 12:54 AM

Default Re: Crap against resistance

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyhow, I check fold this turn. Is that horrible? Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, sounds like I really didn't make m'self very clear in my post. By "preflop is good / flop is good / turn is good," I mean that YOUR PLAYS were good. You did it just right in each situation. "Nice hand" means I like the way you played it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Pokey, I used first person but I'm not OP. I was disagreeing with you. I was looking for you (or somebody else) to expand on why a turn bet here is good. Because it's not what I would do and am wondering why I should
Old 05-10-2005, 01:07 AM

Default Re: Crap against resistance

[ QUOTE ]
I was looking for you (or somebody else) to expand on why a turn bet here is good. Because it's not what I would do and am wondering why I should

[/ QUOTE ]

Gah, I'm getting muddle-headed in my old age. I guess it's because I played like a great big vagina recently and I'm on a backlash: "push with strength until pushed against." In reviewing this hand, however, this might not be the best time to do so. After all, any A or K beats you, and any Q ties you. We're playing four-way, and about the best we could hope for is a split pot; maybe this turn is better suited to a check-fold. I don't think that would be very wrong.

If you're not going to check-fold, I think a bet-fold is called for -- represent that A and hope nobody else has one. You've got three opponents, and if you can fold them all one time in four, the bluff has value. Ultimately, a check is going to lose this pot just about 100% of the time, whereas a bet MIGHT win you the pot here. Note that I think this turn bet should be the last money you put in the pot.