Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2005, 07:48 PM

Default Stop\'n go HU against a TAG

Villain stats here is TAG, but I only have about 50 hands on him. He seems pretty solid though.

Is the stop'n go a good idea here? I was thinking that I didn't want to give overcards an easy way to fold, and 3betting might also slow down overpairs on the turn.

Comments on all streets appreciated.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.66 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.66 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>,
Old 05-09-2005, 07:58 PM

Default Re: Stop\'n go HU against a TAG

I think we're in trouble when he caps this turn.

I don't think AK raises this flop, so what do we beat?
Old 05-09-2005, 08:01 PM

You're screwed after the turn cap.

A TAG doesn't have many hands that 3-bet pf, raise the flop and cap the turn. In fact, I can only think of one: AA.

Check/call the river in case he was getting frisky with AK. But expect to lose.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:23 PM

I agree with the other posters in that you have to hate the turn cap by the tag. I'd also like to say that I love the stop n go line when you have a set agasint an aggressive opponent. nh, and bad luck
Old 05-09-2005, 08:38 PM

I like this line a lot ever since I saw someone else post it and I've been waiting for a good spot to use it, but after he caps that turn I poo on myself and check-call the river.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:57 PM

Pretty much agree with you all, that I should be able to read TAGs hand here after the turn cap. Fortunately he just called me down with his AA!

I thought there were some concerns about using the stop'n go here. If a third [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] a six, a T or an overcard to villains pocketpair comes on the turn the action might slow down, but overall I think the extra 1 or 2 SB I might have gotten on the flop, is easily worth giving up to get a chance to 3bet the turn.