Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Bottom 2 form the BB

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (10 handed) converter

MP3 ($0)
CO ($78.8)
Button ($86.1)
SB ($65.25)
Hero ($46.75)
UTG ($49.5)
UTG+1 ($56.95)
UTG+2 ($50.65)
MP1 ($106.38)
MP2 ($62.2)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls $0.50, MP1 calls $0.50, MP2 calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($2.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero...

Do I just flat call and then lead out for 2/3 the pot on the turn or repop now and see what happens?? How should I continue?
Old 05-09-2005, 02:32 PM

Default Re: Bottom 2 form the BB

i call and lead the turn.

i would repop if there were more straight draws out there or a flush darw. but not many cards really worry you or hurt your hand, other then another 8.

also by betting 15 on teh turn, you'll be able to get away from the hand if he pushes.

stealthcow-
Old 05-09-2005, 02:40 PM

This is very player-dependent. Would villain do this with an overpair? I'd be more inclined to repop even thought there isn't many draws out there, just because i hate to play this oop. The obvious hand you're behind is a set. I want to find out where i'm at on this hand, and I'd only find that out by re-raising the flop I think.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:03 PM

I followed your line of thought and repopped to 15. Villain smooth called and confused me a little bit. The only problem I have with this is now the pot is 30$ and I only have 30 behind me to play with. Kinda pot comitted don't you think. I should mention that the villain is a twoplustwoer and pretty solid. Where should I go on the turn given my move.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:08 PM

Id generally smooth call the flop, lead the turn for 2/3 the pot or whole pot depending on the player and action. I think on the flop its way ahead or way behind situation, he could be holding a moderate overpair like 99 or TT, anything higher is unlikely, nor does it matter much. Given your line, I think you should get it all in on the turn.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:11 PM

I think i'm done with the hand at the turn. I would fold if he pushes over my repop, and a call scares me more. Especially against a good player, who isn't going to do this an overpair IMO. Check-fold, I'm not sure what to do if i see the river, especially because most every bet pot commits me. I probably check fold there also.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:12 PM

you have some bad reverse implied odds here. i would tend to play it cautiously and try to keep the pot small. get to showdown as cheaply as possible.

there are so many cards you'd hate to see on the turn. any 9, 7, 6, 4, 2, or A could make villain a straight. an 8 counterfeits your low pair.

i'd call and lead a blank turn. if the turn comes low, then i'd check/call a reasonable bet and probably blocker bet the river.

i might have check-raised the flop to take it down there, but that's cause i hate playing two pair.