Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 10:12 PM

Default Re: The Tomitivo Experiment

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, this seems like a genuine post from tomitivo. Second of all, I hope that the end of tomitivo is not true. I would hate to live in a world where tomitivo does not exist. He is the only person I consider a "buddy" on my buddy list, although he has no idea who I am. He's not there because I think he's a fish, and he's not there because I think he's always on tilt, but because I always felt that there was a method behind the madness.

There are several stages in the understanding of the madness:

Anyone who has spent any time playing at a table with tomitivo has started by hating his guts. Not a recreational type of hate, but a true and pure hate. OMG OMG LOL LOL can create that in a person. This is the Hatred Stage.

But after a while the hatred subsides, and you start to ignore him. He barely exists. He plays some cards. Some good, some bad. But really he's just there......for better or for worse. This is the Indifferent Stage.

And then you reach the point one day when you see that tomitivo has typed OMG LOL into the chatbox. Again. And it strikes you that you would have to be an idiot to continue to type the same stupid blather day after day, hand after hand. To do that, you would have to be a complete idiot.....or maybe not.

Because at that point, you see that he has a strange effect on every table he visits. And 60% of everyone at the table is in the hatred stage. And 30% of the table is in the indifferent stage. And you are in the other ten percent. You are in.........THE TOMITIVO STAGE.

And you marvel at the calculated insanity, and put him on your buddy list. But really, you still don't know why.

Should this be in the psychology forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

Move onto No Limit for you have a dark kind of menace. In fact, you strike me as a serial rapist.

If you are a nice guy, I apologise.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Move onto No Limit for you have a dark kind of menace. In fact, you strike me as a serial rapist.

If you are a nice guy, I apologise.

[/ QUOTE ]

You strike me as an ignorant ass who reads way too much into a stupid post on the internet. You also strike me as a chronic masturbator.

If I am wrong, I apologize.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
surprisingly only 350BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, but from the post before, i have to ask... is that big blind, or big bet?
Old 05-07-2005, 12:38 AM

I agree with everything in this post. If you really know him, how can you hate him?
Old 05-07-2005, 01:04 AM

Sully that was a cool post, I think Tony woke up on the wrong side of the bed. You described my feelings towards TOM perfectly. I rarely get involved in that sort of nonsense, but I have to tell him what an idiot he is everytime I play with him. I wouldnt argue that he makes the game better with his chatter. That being said if he stops the nonsense and wants to start posting hands thats fine by me.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:23 AM

At first time i meet ya on a tables i thought you're just stupid and play against ya like against mindless lag. Though i quit thinking this after couple of hundreds hands against you.

So i guess your insulting makes you some profit against anyone for a first time as you did from me.

GL to you. Your style and experiment are interesting. I'd never take close to heart your insults.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:10 PM

the moderator should ban you.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:12 PM

i make one mistake, and they will never forget..... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

anyway, it was 350 big bets.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:16 PM

wrong side of the bed? i think he should be banned.

anyway, thanks for the encouragement. i rarely post hands, as i haven't figured out how to use the hand converter. will figure it out soon (hopefully).
Old 05-09-2005, 01:20 PM

glad to know that, as my insults were never meant to be taken seriously. i seem to remember that i tried to insult you more than most, as i recognized you as a good player.