Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2005, 09:27 AM

Default illegal immigration

ok im sure this has been talked about many times in this forum but im dumb when it comes to the search function.

i have to write an arguement paper on why we need to stop illegal immigration (i cant use a single internet source, the teacher says you wont be able to use them in college so shes not letting us now so i would need journals and newspapers only) if you guys can get me some links to discussions and maybe some good articles that would be very much appreciated. thanks in advance
Old 05-09-2005, 10:51 AM

Default Re: illegal immigration

1) I'm in college and scholarly internet sources are 100% legitimate to use. You still need other, non-internet sources of course. Webpages are an important source to give up to the minute information which is impossible to find in books.

2) "llegal" immigrants are an incredibly important facet of the american economy. Stopping them completely would cause immense problems for the rich ba*tards who use them as cheap labor. Farms prices would sky rocket due to lack of cheap labor, and all the rich would be forced to pay much more to get their unearned mansions cleaned and landscaped.

3) Our current immigrant policies represent racial undertones against Mexicans which have been present since before the Mexican-American war.

Sorry if this is not what you want to hear but it is the sad truth. I'm sure you will get plenty of reponses from hicks in Texas claiming that Mexican immigrants have stolen everything for their job to their wife and as such they should all be expelled for the country. I feel bad for you because I think it would be almost impossible for me to write a paper which states that such immigration should cease, good luck.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(i cant use a single internet source, the teacher says you wont be able to use them in college so shes not letting us now so i would need journals and newspapers only

[/ QUOTE ]
Tell your teacher she's a moron. Internet sources are used all the time because they're cheap/free and the internet is a treasure trove of info. If you want to be a little sneaky, try this:
Go to this site: http://www.uww.edu/
Click on Library at the bottom left
Click on the second bullet point " Articles in Journals, Magazines, and Newspapers"
Enjoy. I'd recommend NexisLexis for the newspaper/magazine sources and EBSCOhost for scholarly journals.

Good luck.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all the rich would be forced to pay much more to get their unearned mansions cleaned and landscaped

[/ QUOTE ]

All rich people do not earn their money. Genius. Quite the blanket statement.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the teacher says you wont be able to use them in college so shes not letting us now so i would need journals and newspapers only

[/ QUOTE ]

The University of Michigan is making their entire (7 million volume) library available digitally on Google. The project isn't completed yet; but your teacher ought to realize that this is certainly what the future of research will look like, and allow you to use the internet and all of its capabilities.

Go Blue
Old 05-09-2005, 04:32 PM

I would be tempted to write a very thorough, very detailed paper that blew the doors off every one else's in the class - but then list only Internet sources. Your teacher is retarded.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:41 PM

Does that have to be your thesis or did you choose it?