Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2003, 01:33 AM

Default It takes all types to make a world, or a company

I have read with great interests the posts regarding David Sklansky, his unique attitudes, and how well differences are tolerated in the business world.

I have thousands of employees around the world in the company I own and have all types, as many as there are people. For example, I have some engineering types that would be extremely rude to customers, so I try and never let them come in contact with them, yet this does not mean they are not valuable contributors.
The area in business which is the least tolerated, particularly in this country, is sexual harrassment issues. Other than that, things like personal hygine, friendliness, rudeness, ect., while you would like everyone to be bright, cheerful, helpful, this is just not the nature of man. We are all different, flaws and all.

By the way, I remember David from over 25 years ago, and he was pretty much the same as he is now. I got many, many productive employees far stranger or more aloof than him. In my opinion, David is just great the way he is, flaws and all, just like the rest of us.

Also, I know many of the leaders at Berkshire Hathaway, including Mr. Buffett and Ajat, and let me tell you alot of them are very strange and eccentric. An example of this is Charlie Munger. Now there is a real tough cookie to have a conversation with. He makes David look like the most outgoing guy alive!