Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2003, 08:43 PM

Default Re: WPT on TV

To be honest, I felt that Hanson should have made a bigger bet when he rivered the boat. Deeb clearly isn't going to want to face a big bet after having checked behind on the turn. Hanson's bet size made Deeb's call automatic for him. He should have made a bet big enough to make Deeb think about it.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:51 PM

I agree, simply because Hansen should know that Deeb knows that Hansen is overagressive; therefore Deeb will, having just induced a bluff, have to call a big bet on the river.

Of course if Deeb knows that Hansen knows this (and then that by extension Hansen would know NOT to bluff on the river for just this reason) then he should raise the turn and not give Hansen a shot at his two outs after all.

But I'm not convinced either of them think at this level.
Old 04-02-2003, 09:12 PM

Then, did you see, when Deeb walked away he complained about how terrible a player Hansen was? He said he could beat Hansen in the long run.
Old 04-03-2003, 01:33 AM

Whats your piont? Just becouse Deeb thinks he is better doesn't mean it.

The second final table was shown tonight. I think this is much better. Many many raises and re-raises. I was very impressed with some of the tough plays in this event. This is the way poker should be played at a level that high.
Old 04-03-2003, 01:54 AM

Watching that show makes me think i can play with anyone if these guys are supposedly the best. Though the best players are rarely at the final table because bad beats are part of the game. Look at Varkonyi, he caught the luckiest cards i ever seen and Hansen was the same. Gus you put in everytime on the preflop when you have something....He was usually a dog preflop and you gotta think he's gonna fold a big raise preflop or be a decisive underdog.....Don't let a guy like that catch on you.
Old 04-04-2003, 02:02 PM

Default Did I miss that?

Qh 5h? I thought he held Q5d, so he ONLY had the Queen as the out, the flush draw was only Deeb's?

I didn't tape the first show- can someone confirm what was held? Did they BOTH have hearts?
Old 04-04-2003, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Did I miss that?

Yes, they both had 2 hearts.