Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2005, 03:53 PM

Default AA, Bad bet to begin with, crying call?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, SB calls $1.13 (All-In), BB calls.

Flop: (5.63 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.81 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5.81 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.81 BB

Should I have bet the river here to begin with, then should I have thrown it away after the c/r?
Old 05-08-2005, 04:06 PM

Default Re: AA, Bad bet to begin with, crying call?

A read would be helpful. But if you're like me, 3- or 4-tabling without PV or GT+, without any significant reads, then I think you played it fine.
Old 05-08-2005, 04:12 PM

Yeah, reads would have been nice, but it was the first orbit and I had zero hands on this guy. I see this type of thing a bunch though, and I feel I may be making a few too many of these calls with my unimproved big hands.
Old 05-08-2005, 04:30 PM

I don't think it's a bad bet to begin with. There are a lot of things BB could be calling with (that he'll call with again on the river) besides a flush draw or a hand that contains a 4.

I would call the checkraise against an unknown, but I wouldn't be very happy about it.
Old 05-08-2005, 04:30 PM

Don't change a thing. You played your aces fast, AND protected them against the gutshot/FD on the turn. Nothing else you could do. BB wouldn't even be right to hang in with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], so he's the latest addition to your buddy list and you just have to deal with a "bad" beat.

I presume you lost. What'd he have?
Old 05-08-2005, 04:33 PM

Nice hand, sir.
Old 05-08-2005, 04:38 PM

[blind reply]

I would have played it exactly as you did. No reason to let it go at the end, I don't think. but i'm still new!
Old 05-08-2005, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BB wouldn't even be right to hang in with 34, so he's the latest addition to your buddy list

[/ QUOTE ]

He had 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and yes he is now on my buddy list.

Thanks to all, nice to be reassured every once in awhile that i'm not crazy stupid (maybe just mildly retarded).
Old 05-08-2005, 05:38 PM

You played it fine.
Easy value-bet on the river, don't even think about folding.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't change a thing. You played your aces fast, AND protected them against the gutshot/FD on the turn. Nothing else you could do. BB wouldn't even be right to hang in with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Just for the record, if I had 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], there's no way I would fold it on the turn, and in fact I think doing so would be a big mistake.

If I was still in the hand, I wouldn't fold the actual 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the turn either, thinking there's some chance I have the best hand and the PFR just has overcards, and I most likely have 9 full outs if I'm behind.

I would have folded 43s preflop, though, versus just one player who raised UTG and another who's already all-in.