Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2005, 10:12 AM

Default Re: O/8 at foxwoods?

There were a couple of preflop raises, and every time it was A2crapcrap. I raised once with A2KTs (is that a hand I should be raising? I'm still fairly new to O/8), and it somehow got capped 5 ways preflop. I flopped 2 pair on an all-club flop (didn't have any clubs), and wound up taking the high w/the 2 pair, and 3 guys hung around go take 1/6 of the pot w/a runner-runner low (which I also had).

Any of you know the name of the older gentleman with the absolutely filthy mouth? It was all I could do to keep from laughing...I was sitting right next to him, and every time he missed the flop, there was a stream of at least seven four-letter words...cutest little old man ever, but man, he'd make a sailor blush
Old 05-08-2005, 10:58 AM

Default Re: O/8 at foxwoods?

[ QUOTE ]

Any of you know the name of the older gentleman with the absolutely filthy mouth? It was all I could do to keep from laughing...I was sitting right next to him, and every time he missed the flop, there was a stream of at least seven four-letter words...cutest little old man ever, but man, he'd make a sailor blush

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like an episode of the cartoon King of the Hill. In one scene Hank goes to Vegas to look for his elderly father, who is a short, abusive, retired Army colonel. Hank approaches a dealer and asks "Have you seen an old guy, about yeah high (motions to his mid-chest), spewing obscenities?"

The dealer responds "Welcome to my world," and the next image is of three, short, eldery men seated around the table.