Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2005, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Editing in Getting Started in Hold \'Em

I'm a big fan of 2+2 books. More importantly, I actually buy them. The information they contain is reliable and the authors are, well, authorities (David Sklansky's work raises the overall standard enormously).

Now, you're singing the praises of your associates and I'd be the first to acknowledge that they deserve high praise. What all of this enables me to infer about Ed Miller's intent is precisely nothing. If he's discussing a hand before the turn has been dealt and he's quoting odds that assume forty-six unknown cards, I infer that he's made a mistake. It's entirely possible that he had the river in mind as he wrote, but you'll admit that some mind reading is required to reach that conclusion. Why not simply agree that the chapter, as written, is confusing? Nobody could possibly imagine that a table included in a discussion of the turn was actually intended to refer to the river.

Compared to other publishers, your product is superb. Ed Miller's book is excellent. There were a few fairly obvious glitches that attentive editors should have caught.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:09 PM

Default Re: Editing in Getting Started in Hold \'Em

Could this be Lee Jones in disguise?

Sorry, a little levity on a Saturday night is rather nice at times....

---Leavenfish