Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2003, 02:37 AM

Default Best way to earn paradise WSOP points?

What tables do people think in general are the best to earn lots of points on? I'm playing 2 tables at once for most of the time and I have less than half what the leaders do.
Old 04-01-2003, 04:32 AM

Default Re: Best way to earn paradise WSOP points?

Win more hands....
Seriously tho, I saw Idefix, who has a HUGE lead playing 1/2 hold-em and a $20+2 HE NL tournament. There were a lot of .50/1 and 1/2 HE tables going. The waiting lists for the 5+1 and 10+1 HE NL and limit tournies were long. At times there seemed to be no tables available to open up.
Stud and O8 would be too slow. In theory 5 card draw (saw you there) should be good at 100+ hands per hour. However, it's hard to keep a 5 hand table going without a lot of changes and sit-outs.
So it's gotta be 2 HE tables, one of them possibly a tourney. Some NL tournies can be slow depending on the players. Jump around, if you have to, looking for fast ring games.
As for point-getting strategy, I'm all ears. Nine more to go!!

Old 04-01-2003, 08:00 AM

Yeah i thought the hands per hour, low rake kick in level (but only 25c), as well as being good at the game would help.
Being 5 handed sucks though as many hands you take down the blinds or raise and big blind calls then folds after the draw pot only reaches $4.50. Also if someone sits out you are only getting 3 points for a win.

I was playing a lot of NL tournies and these were great. Stud8 tournies were good too, but the ring games in stud were too slow, or too hard to get pot big enough (im playing as small as possible because im playing as many hands as possible).

I find it almost impossible to win a hand at 50c/1 holdem though as you just cant get anyone out. If worse comes to worst i can just play every hand as time is running out.
Old 04-01-2003, 07:22 PM

Ya... I'll be following you around. heheh An earlier poster suggested the way to go was to play against the 70 to 130 ranked players as they get caught up in point chasing. The 5-max 1/2 HE tables seemed busy and fast(100+). More respect at 1/2 than .50/1. Whichever way you play look for one with a low plrs/flop %. Tighter, faster. Does that make sense?

Thinking of what a thrill getting to the final table for $10,000 would be makes me wish I had tried to qualify this time. Imagine - $10,000 for first, nada for 2nd. That's pressure.

By the way, wouldn't any American winner have to pay taxes on the $12,000 (seat plus perks) or the $10,000 option. I recall game show winners having to pay taxes on full retail value of over-priced merchandise. This is different - off-shore, but played in the U.S. Hmmm.

I'm also surprised Paradise is offering a cash option. It eliminates the PR factor at Binion's.