Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Seeking writers for my site

Before I begin, to the moderators, if this is in the wrong place or it's considered abuse of the board, then you may delete this. I don't want to start a flame war nor do I visit this board often enough to know where to post something like this. I am simply seeking like-minded poker players who want to write for my website and I know there are many great poker minds here.

I am seeking poker players who can write as well (even if you can't write well, I can work with you) who would like to contribute weekly or bi-weekly for my website, PokerTrails.com. You don't have to be a great player or even well-known. We have many ameteurs write for us simply because I like having all perspectives covered.

We are primarily looking for people to do media reviews, such as books (2+2 and otherwise), movies, DVDs, etc. Anything and everything. That's the main area I need covered. Secondly, I would be looking for people who would like to write about other games than Hold 'Em and Stud. I have both games covered well on the site, and I would like to feature PLO, O8, and any other game that you would like to write about.

Last, I would like to find someone who could be available for final table reporting in Vegas for the WSOP. If you are available for other tournaments (especially on the east coast), that would be great as well, but mainly the WSOP. I would like to play in a few events and I won't be able to if I can't find a decent reporter for the event I would be covering that day.

Excluding the tournament reporter each position will remain unpaid for the time being. As an upstart website we're not turning a profit yet to justify paying our writers quite yet, but the workload is very light as well. The tournament reporter I will quite likely be able to give a decent pay (nothing to relocate for, so you'd probably better be in Vegas already) for their work any day I need it. We are giving bonuses until we can generate enough trafic/revenue to pay writers. I don't know exactly what or when these will be but hopefully you will get some sort of compensation soon. Worst case, if you're at the table with me, I'll buy you a drink one day. Or something.

Send all inquires (preferably with a writing sample and a little background on your poker career) to joneaton@pokertrails.com.

Again, I apologize if this is abuse of the forum or in the wrong place. Feel free to place it in the correct forum or delete it if you're overly offended by this. Thank you.

Jon Eaton
PokerTrails.com