Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Allow me a mindless rant (Absolute whinings)

**Beware: this post follows a week long schneid of beats**

Man, I hate Absolute. I got suckered in by the bonuses after witnessing some weak passive play on a few tables.

I hate the software. I hate that they make their tables JUST big enough enough to overlap if you're 3 tabling (which is the ridiculous maximum). I hate how few small stake ring tables they have going. I hate having to play 6 max tables when I don't want to (and I also hate that I'm not the 6 max savant that most people here are).

I hate that I get tons of errors when I import their hand histories into PT. I hate their 9 man tables. I hate their chat capabilities (or lack thereof...I can't ever select which table I want to chat on, it randomly parks my chat on one of the 3 active tables, usually coming across as nonsense). I hate their color schemes. I hate that I still have $300 in bonus money there that I probably will not be able to turn my back on. And I hate when bonus money doesn't keep pace with what I'm losing. I hate losing, that too.

Alright, I feel better now.

Floyd
Old 05-07-2005, 09:49 PM

Default Re: Allow me a mindless rant (Absolute whinings)

Quit playing there. I did it. Absolute will just keep giving you more bonuses than you'll be able to clear. It's hard to use PT and accessories there, max of 3 tabling, few tables, clunky software. Just quit. You'll thank me later.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Schneids was taking it to you on the low limit tables at absolute? What's he doing playing there? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2005, 09:53 PM

I tried it for a little while and kept depositing and re-depositing for every bonus eventually thinking I would get around to clearing it.
I eventually decided that the software just sucked and I didn't want to play there regardless of the bonuses....so I let the over $2000 in bonuses I had stacked up there just expire and I didn't feel bad about it at all.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:00 PM

I signed up there a while back thru PSO for the gift cards. 250 raked hands later, I was kicking myself in the nuts. Thry that, it's not easy. Literally counted each raked hand down till I hit 300, picked up shop and left. Haven't looked back since, but it's been a while so I started thinking "hmmmmmm I could go finish off that $200 in bonus at Absolute". Thank you for reminding me why I shouldn't.

I did put the gift cards toward a new mini fridge for my game room though. Don't have to leave the room for beer during the game = +++EV.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:31 PM

I deposited there this week just to check it out and after 2,000 hands I can honestly say it is the most aggravating site I have ever played on. Clunky software,cluttered ugly interface and slow play. Just not worthwhile.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:42 AM

Play the .50/1 tables. They clear "just as fast" as the 1/2 tables with less losage.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Man, I hate Absolute. I got suckered in by the bonuses after witnessing some weak passive play on a few tables.

I hate the software. I hate that they make their tables JUST big enough enough to overlap if you're 3 tabling (which is the ridiculous maximum). I hate how few small stake ring tables they have going. I hate having to play 6 max tables when I don't want to (and I also hate that I'm not the 6 max savant that most people here are).

I hate that I get tons of errors when I import their hand histories into PT. I hate their 9 man tables. I hate their chat capabilities (or lack thereof...I can't ever select which table I want to chat on, it randomly parks my chat on one of the 3 active tables, usually coming across as nonsense). I hate their color schemes. I hate that I still have $300 in bonus money there that I probably will not be able to turn my back on. And I hate when bonus money doesn't keep pace with what I'm losing. I hate losing, that too.

Alright, I feel better now.

Floyd

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than that you feel good about Absolute, right?
Old 05-09-2005, 04:47 AM

I must say, that was a great rant. Thanks

outs

ps. i feel the same way about AP.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:50 AM

I love Absolute. I play 3 tables of their ring games while I play 4 SNGs at Party and have found that to be a very profitable combination.

If they hadn't screwed up my rakeback (didn't credit me to the affiliate I signed up with) I would love it even more.

I do have to log out and restart my computer before I hit 500 hands, but other than that I like it.