Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Friday Stars $150

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's just been frustrating because I consistently make it in the money and fall short of big final tables. And as most good players do (not that I'm claiming to be one), I almost always go out on a coinflip or a hand where I dominate. These MTTs can be extremely frustrating especially if you are going through a drought, I just hope it ends soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing that happens that makes it even worse is the fact that you'll get into the money with a decent stack, and resolve to play aggressively, build your stack, etc...

Then your cards turn to ice and/or every time you are going to push the table around someone preempts you, etc.

Then your stack will ebb away, and you'll push the best hand, get called, and get sucked out on.

Again and again and again and again and again.

But it comes with the territory.

I feel your pain.

[/ QUOTE ]

my mtt game got light years better when i learned to look for situations to resteal from aggressive big stacks when i was a big/medium stack and they were stealing in position.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:23 PM

I went through a small drought like this in the bigger buyin events in live tourneys as well as in the online tourneys I was playing. You're just gonna have to fight through it and continue to get deep. Something is going to turn out right for you eventually.

Gavin
Old 05-07-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my mtt game got light years better when i learned to look for situations to resteal from aggressive big stacks when i was a big/medium stack and they were stealing in position.

[/ QUOTE ]