Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2005, 05:49 AM

Default Re: Who are the toughest $1000 NL party players?

i admit i have not that many hands on bajawa. His ability to make the table tilt can be profitable i guess, added to the fact he's not playing that's stupidly AFTER the flop. But then again i wouldn't say it makes him one the ten best nl players of party.
so i suppose you are datamining jdp
who would be the top ten for you? You have the data, please share your conclusions.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:16 AM

How's this for why he's not;

Mp calls $10
Bajawa (button) calls $10
BB checks

Flop 55k
Check Check Check
Turn k
Mp bets 35, Bajawa calls, BB raises 35. Mp folds, Bajawa calls.
River 7
BB is all in ($900) Bajawa calls 900.

BB shows 5555, Bajawa mucks K8
Old 05-07-2005, 06:35 AM

bajawa

I have over 4500 hands on him. VP$IP almost 50% and PFR% almost 25%. He's down 7 BB/100 over this stretch.

Obviously he plays a high variance game, and 4500 hands isn't nearly enough to cover it. I'd be really interested if he really is a winning player, because I highly doubt it!

btw the biggest winners I have in my DB are(at least 3k hands for each)

str8low
bleu329
seeker2004
kristelita
neurotoxin
PeasInPants
Ratford
gandi9
cukoobird
INcinerate
AliKings

The highest VP$IP for these players is 22%. I have a higher PFR% than all the others with barely over 10%, however my W$SD is lower than all of them at 47% yikes(but I have noticed it increasing lately)!

[ QUOTE ]
LinSearles is pretty good

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting, because I have 6k hands for him and he is down 10 BB/100, which makes him the biggest loser in my db. I think this is very interesting since he is one of the tightest players in the 1000 NL...

Anyways, I didn't start playing when the NL 1000 came out, and just started playing recently, but have fared pretty well! PS I am only referring to full table, not 6 max.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

dashayu is good too

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played dashayu in the 600 game. He struck me as an easily predictable nutpeddler. Why do you think he's good?
Old 05-07-2005, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

INcinerate

[/ QUOTE ]

INcinerate of Warcraft II fame?
Old 05-07-2005, 11:36 AM

it's interesting how difficult it is to get a sense of players. 3K hands is nothing for a sample. that's 13-15 hours of four-tabling longhanded. ever lose money over 15 hours?

party's game is nowhere near mature. lots of those winning players would win minimally under a tougher environment because they cannot handle aggressive poker. ABC works well currently, unless you get unlucky and have aggressive players behind you.

the 6-max poker is better played.

matt
Old 05-07-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bajawa

I have over 4500 hands on him. VP$IP almost 50% and PFR% almost 25%. He's down 7 BB/100 over this stretch.

Obviously he plays a high variance game, and 4500 hands isn't nearly enough to cover it. I'd be really interested if he really is a winning player, because I highly doubt it!

btw the biggest winners I have in my DB are(at least 3k hands for each)

str8low
bleu329
seeker2004
kristelita
neurotoxin
PeasInPants
Ratford
gandi9
cukoobird
INcinerate
AliKings

The highest VP$IP for these players is 22%. I have a higher PFR% than all the others with barely over 10%, however my W$SD is lower than all of them at 47% yikes(but I have noticed it increasing lately)!

[ QUOTE ]
LinSearles is pretty good

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting, because I have 6k hands for him and he is down 10 BB/100, which makes him the biggest loser in my db. I think this is very interesting since he is one of the tightest players in the 1000 NL...

Anyways, I didn't start playing when the NL 1000 came out, and just started playing recently, but have fared pretty well! PS I am only referring to full table, not 6 max.

[/ QUOTE ]

Add Shrimpie11 to any top 10 players list.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:29 PM

the typical players reaction to overbetting in this game is to assume its a bluff

the terrible calls i see constantly makes it clear nut peddling is the way to go in this game; but the tight players that nut peddle can often be pushed off the small pots

i have yet to see a player consistently lay down overpairs in spots they should (but i suppose its easier to see when they dont)

so my question is this: since noone is ever bluffing in this game (myself excluded), how long will it be before nut peddling is a form of poker suicide since it will be impossible to get paid off, essentially from the stations going broke?

i lost 2k yesterday to AA calling an appropriate sized all in on a board with a 4 card open ended straight and a flush, scary as hell

he could only beat a stone cold bluff and an auto call was EXTREMELY interesting to me

flynn says "nowhere near mature", I usually find the play completely laughable

doesnt mean I can beat it without holding cards though... :-/
Old 05-07-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the typical players reaction to overbetting in this game is to assume its a bluff

the terrible calls i see constantly makes it clear nut peddling is the way to go in this game; but the tight players that nut peddle can often be pushed off the small pots

i have yet to see a player consistently lay down overpairs in spots they should (but i suppose its easier to see when they dont)

so my question is this: since noone is ever bluffing in this game (myself excluded), how long will it be before nut peddling is a form of poker suicide since it will be impossible to get paid off, essentially from the stations going broke?

i lost 2k yesterday to AA calling an appropriate sized all in on a board with a 4 card open ended straight and a flush, scary as hell

he could only beat a stone cold bluff and an auto call was EXTREMELY interesting to me

flynn says "nowhere near mature", I usually find the play completely laughable

doesnt mean I can beat it without holding cards though... :-/

[/ QUOTE ]you mustve only sweat the full games... weird. in the 6max none of these things are true whatsoever...
Old 05-07-2005, 04:53 PM

What 5/10 game are you referring to as being mature? I've played on all the big sites, and none of them, imo, are hyper-aggressive (like the 25/50 etc). As a matter of fact Party strikes me as the most aggressive due to all of the crazy fish.

"party's game is nowhere near mature. lots of those winning players would win minimally under a tougher environment because they cannot handle aggressive poker. ABC works well currently, unless you get unlucky and have aggressive players behind you."