Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2005, 12:12 AM

Default What would you do (Derby)?

I managed to have 18 of field covered (in the win column) but I am afraid that Afleet Alex or Don't Get Mad may bite me in the ass. Most of the longshots I have covered will net me a profit of 70% to the dollar (1.70 to 1.00) but the favorites I'll break even for the whole thing. Right now if the race went off I'll net full return on my investment on all horses and make a good score if a longshot hits (i.e. meaning my 500 I bet during futures I will get 500 on all except 2 and I'll get about 800 for the longshots). In a scenario I can wager another 350 and get back 700 on all but 4 horses but the other horses I'll get 700 or 800. My reasoning for this madness is that the money I have wagered (earlier futures) are lost and but useful to cover any loses I occur on tomorrows wager.

Please help over-analyzed

Thanks
Old 05-07-2005, 01:02 AM

Default Re: What would you do (Derby)?

Wait, how are you guarenteed to make a profit or break even regardless of the outcome? Did you make your bets at different times after different line shifts to basically scalp or what? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2005, 01:10 AM

Future books
Old 05-07-2005, 02:07 AM

Hmmm, I have no idea what that means, haha. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2005, 02:04 PM

I took a somewhat similar approach to you. I bet on a total of 4 horses. I'll basically break even if Bellamy Road wins. Win a small score if Afleet Alex wins, and do nicely if one of the 2 longshots I bet (High Limit and Closing Argument) wins.

FWIW I expect Afleet Alex to take it and bring me the small profit, but I'm no horseracing expert by a long shot.