Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 01:31 PM

Default Re: A question for Dynasty and others that I respect!

Of course I would be upset. But, fighting fire with fire is not always the best solution.

I am sure lots of people have plenty of nasty words for PP. Some hold them back because he is "famous" and do not want to be flamed. Others (like me) would just rather keep that sort of stuff out of the fourms.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everybody knows that pp is the wrong one in all this.

[/ QUOTE ]
I never said he was not.

[ QUOTE ]
[PP attacks Vince] on his site.....How else can vince defend himself?

[/ QUOTE ]
Herein lies the problem for most 2+2-ers I would guess. Maybe Vince should create his own livejournal if he would like to defend himself. Yes, people should just ignore the VL posts if they don't like them. But there are an awful lot of them and clearly the point is so that people *don't* ignore them. Having a public forum clogged up with a two person battle seems silly.....Don't you think?
Old 05-06-2005, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe Vince should create his own livejournal if he would like to defend himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you are right. I will stop posting this stuff here.

vince
Old 05-06-2005, 02:02 PM

Ok so at least you are not just a flamer. You can see pp is in the wrong also.

As far as it clogging things up with a 2 person battle. I think many people in this forum make silly pointless posts so i dont really see why these get attacked, if those don't. So i think many on here waste alot of space. But i do see you're point. And yes it is silly.

You are the first poster since i've been on here who makes sense. Wish there were more like you.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can see pp is in the wrong also

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't say that either... i have not been following this saga enough to know the "rights" vs. the "wrongs". And that is not the point. I am just taking the 2+2 side of things. Or put another way: all parties involved have the right to clog up whatever spaces they want....but that doesn't make it cool. But we seem to agree that it might be silly.

[ QUOTE ]
You are the first poster since i've been on here who makes sense. Wish there were more like you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, just trying to be logical about things.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:53 PM

Wading thru a thread to find a few nuggets amongst a lot of noise is not fun

Trying to find an interesting thread amongst a ton of garbage threads is not fun

Whether or not I read posts by those I consider to be noise-makers they still get in my way...

That said, back in the day you and your posts had a 'certain charm' that allowed one to kinda 'forgive' your style and approach.

But that was then and this is now.

2+2 is much bigger and many people don't know your history here, as such more people react negatively to your posting style and aren't afraid to say so.

Also, you 'seem' to have more of an edge to you than you did in the past. Not sure if this is accurate or not but it seems like it.

Either way, you might consider toneing things down a tad.

just a few thoughts from a semi-regular contributor (of sorts) since 1999.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:42 PM

Yes it is bigger, and alot more blanks in here. I don't blame vince one bit. I know what its like to be attacked constantly as i am thought to be him. It is not fun to have a bunch of blanks keep calling you a blank when they are the real blanks. If you were in his shoes you might be able to speak on how it feels and how you would react. And what tone he should have.

Is it ok what all these blanks are doing? How come people like you never say anything to these immature blanks? You pick on vince for defending himself. You of all people should know that vince is not a blank like these blanks since you posted here for a long time. Maybe you should think before you post about who you should be trying to correct. This is just my opinion i am not speaking for vince.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:04 PM

smoothcall/vince is a multipersonality acting wackjob. quit the poker buddy get some professional help. It's so obvious u two are the same people that it is really quite disturbing to think of you logging in and out to your alter egos to do what?????? You don't do anything by doing this because 99% of all who read these posts assumes you two are the same person anyway. It's really sad man get a life. Quit [censored] over all of these people on this site who come to this site to LEARN!!!!!!!!!! Not discuss 90% of the b.s. threads you start.

To finish, I got flamed on my very first post ever on this site by mindless jerks with overinflated egos posting wishes that I fail miserably, etc just because I asked a stupid question and tried to describe where I was in my game by saying I had won a few UB tournaments. Well that was followed by people telling me I was just on a heater, I suck blah blah blah. I told them to [censored] off and it's overwith. I brush that [censored] off my shoulder and move on if they got a problem they can lickem because i'm not losing sleep over that stupid childish crap because since I've won plenty more $$$$ in tournies and get better every single day. I come here to learn about poker and i really ignore all the other mindless drivel that goes on, and i'm out.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:10 PM

Yes it is sad that they all think i am him. And you are sad. How could you possibly be confident when you are dead wrong?

Yes i would brush them off after replying back to them. The problem is they flame every post. So i have to brush them off everytime. If everybody attacked you like they did in you're first post you might look like me and vince as well. So you should understand and sympathize rather than flame yourself. You're logic is very warped.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it ok what all these blanks are doing? How come people like you never say anything to these immature blanks? You pick on vince for defending himself. You of all people should know that vince is not a blank like these blanks since you posted here for a long time. Maybe you should think before you post about who you should be trying to correct. This is just my opinion i am not speaking for vince.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my opinion, my post did not warrant this kind of response, but whatever.

I'll try to re-state my thoughts and leave it at that, I have no real interest in pursuing it.

Vince has a somewhat abrasive and confrontation posting style. This is fine when most everyone knows him and get's that this is who he is and therefore cut him some slack. However, when someone goes away for a significant period of time and then come back after 2+2 has grown exponentionally he can't come back posting with the same abrasive and confrontation style and expect that people will cut him some slack. There are A LOT of people here who have NO IDEA who Vince Lepore is, and when they see an apparently new person posting with the style that he does, they are GOING to REACT and often NEGATIVELY. Why on earth should we be expecting that they get Vince's history here? To anyone who doesn't know Vince or his history here, he's comes across negatively. You and I might know he's not the jerk he appears to be but the reality is that to others he appears to be a jerk.

Is he the sole cause of this problem? No. But he isn't without fault either, and his posting style exacerbates the problem. And as mentioned in the original post, it 'seems' that Vince has more of an edge than before, maybe he doesn't but that's how it appears to me and that can't help matters either.
Closed Thread