Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 06:41 AM

Default Re: 6 Max strategy FAQ anyone?

[ QUOTE ]
maniacs always get me.....especially if they're at $125 and i'm obviously starting at $25...i have to double a few times until they can't take me out....i usually get into too big of a pot with TPTK, two pair...

[/ QUOTE ]

when you only have one buy in i think you can go to war with TPTK or two pair, the reason being that you need to double up so you can then stack off one of the big stacked fishes.

if they suck out then rebuy and try again. the best part is, sucking out will keep them at the table longer and will reinforce their terrible habits.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:49 AM

hmm, I check-raised more with strong hands before. Now I play generally more aggressiv, so I can't check-raise so much (I want them to be uncertain if I hold a monster hand, top pair or just bluff so I bet out the same amount (3/4-1 of the pot) no matter if I just have TPTK, a full house or feel I can take down the pot with a bluff). I use check-raise if I have like top pair with weak kicker BB (exempel: me T4, flop T73). If the players shows weakness, I check-raise to take down the pot directly.

Maybe I should start to check-raise more, some people at NL25 just hate check-raisers and call even if they have only a few outs ("I already put some money in the pot so I have to defend my money even if I'm beaten").
Old 05-06-2005, 09:16 AM

My strategy:
Play in position and you cant loose. With a good autorate on pokertracker you know where you have all opponents.
Make alot of bluffs and continuation bets against passiv opponents, always bet the pot, show bluffs to the passiv, show winners to the aggressiv.
Print alot of nonsens in the chatbox, make silly jokes, show everyone that your clueless. I printed, yesterday, that I was going to go allin on the next hand because "I dont care", and I got KK, two players called. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Be semi-tight, try to get an image as a maniac, but be tight when your collecting.