Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 06:25 AM

Default Did I horribly butcher this hand?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (13.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero folds.

River: (15.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB

Bonus: I dare you to put to put these guys on hands.

SpaceAce
Old 05-06-2005, 07:15 AM

Default Re: Did I horribly butcher this hand?

No idea what these clowns had. I think you're behind on the flop and would fold instead of 3-betting.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:11 AM

MP3 has 65 maybe? Just a logical guess, but from the sounds of it, these two guys aren't logical people. Maybe high card vs high card?
Old 05-06-2005, 08:24 AM

I was just trying to figure out what MP3 would cold call 3 with then bet the turn with... i'm going to guess he either flips over a set or some stupid str8. That hand is just messed up..

I'd bet out the flop and if it comes back 3 cold drop it like its hot C/R here seems alittle iffy my guess is there is a PP out there that will beat your 7's
Old 05-06-2005, 08:41 AM

No reads? I'm guessing at least MP3 is just generally bad at poker. I just can't think of anything he played well here.

I think your turn fold sucks something awful. CO can't be just going nuts with a draw? MP3 doesn't just seem like a total LAG? That's my opinion anyway, FWIW. Not to mention that you'll often be drawing live when behind to ~2-5 outs and you're getting 15.5:1 on the call closing the action.

If MP3 is slowplaying something here on the flop (which you will, of course, see sometimes) then so be it. But I really think you should at least see what the river brings.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:16 AM

I would have folded or called two bets to me on this flop... your sevens are rarely winning this hand UI. Without the reads it hard to tell what they had... and set and an overpair?
Old 05-06-2005, 09:19 AM

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

Bigdaddydvo - For what it's worth, the flop bet and raise didn't worry me too much. I believed there was still a very good chance that I had the best hand. Barring that, I believed I was at least drawing pretty live. I didn't become concerned until the cutoff capped the betting.

sxz18 - Rational play was not their strong suit. The hand did not quite come down to high card vs. high card but it wasn't far from that.

Bizot - I checked to see what developed. When the opening bet came from the cutoff, I felt I had been given a decent opportunity to narrow the field and protect what may well be the best hand. I would have felt differently if the action had been bet, raise, coldcall by the three players directly to my left.

chief444 - At the risk of being results oriented, my turn fold did in fact suck something awful. The combination of events that caused me to fold was the check/cold-call of three bets, followed by leading into two players who had pushed so hard on the flop followed by the cutoff calling that bet. Had the cutoff folded or had MP3 checked and the cutoff bet again, I would have played this differently. Having failed to pick up my backdoor diamond draw, I decided to just meekly go away.

The results:
The cutoff turned over 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for the rivered pair of sixes and the winning hand.
MP3, who check/cold-called three bets on the flop then led the turn and river, turned over A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

SpaceAce
Old 05-06-2005, 09:20 AM

CO posted and can have about anything, a 6 is pretty likely when he just calls MPs bet.

MP has you beat, has 66, A6 or big cards with 2 clubs that he felt like coldcalling 3 with on the flop. could be weirdly played 44 too.

I dont think you can fold when CO just calls the turn.