Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 11:40 PM

Default I\'m a vag... top set.

5/10 same game, same opponent, though our stack sizes are now reversed, he has 1.5k I have 2.5k. He raises to 40, this means he is not messing around, but actually has something decent and not something like KJs, I call with 88 out of the SB.

Flop comes 857 2 spades

I check (he is a habitual autobet pot player), He bets 60, I call (intending to lead the turn).

Turn J 3 spades

I vag out and check, he bets 250, I call 250. He could be doing this with the made flush, a higher set, an overpair or the lone Ace. In short, I don't have a [censored] clue.

River 6 non spade (to make matters worse)

I check, he checks.

Wow I'm weak. Obviously my hand is good. Does anyone still lead turn on that card. If I bet, I'm representing the flush so I can't imagine he calls with anything anyway if I bet, so why bet, know what I'm saying?
Old 05-06-2005, 04:56 AM

Default Re: I\'m a vag... top set.

did check raising the turn ever crosses you? judging from your pre-flop read if he were to have a flush than wouldn't it be a monster flush. the overbet on the turn should've given you some signals.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:23 AM

SLOW PLAYING IS BAD. YOU KNOW THIS!!!!
lead the flop, slightly over betting the pot. (120 Dollars)He has any sort of hand, "He raises to 40, this means he is not messing around, but actually has something decent" you are going to win a biggy. (if you want to play for small pots, dont play NL.)
HE'S GOTTA REAISE YOU to see where he stands. Do the math! he bets the pot (360ish) and suddenly there is 700 dollars in the pot. HANG ON, THATS NEARLY a third of his stack in there! he puts you on a flush draw, overpair (might put you on trips, but by now it doesn't really matter) you can then put him all-in now, or suffer the pain of going all-in on the turn, even if a club falls (why wait, club ruins your action)
you a fast playing a good hand, putting your opponent to a decision for all his chips, when you are undoubtedly way ahead.........all this sounds vaguely familiar....there is a reason brunson did not re-write the no-limit section of supersystems two.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:25 AM

Draw intensive flop when you read him for a legit hand, why would you slowplay the flop? I bet into him, hope he raises me, and then either blast full tilt over top of him right there if I think he'll call, or wait till the turn and bet out again if I think he's just making a move at the pot or for a free card.

Gotta bet that turn after a check and call flop.

- C -
Old 05-06-2005, 12:09 PM

If I lead the turn, I'm representing like I was drawing for the flush and just hit, if he believes that, what hand will he call a turn bet with? maybe something like AsX...
Old 05-06-2005, 01:22 PM

vag...
Old 05-06-2005, 02:03 PM

ha
Old 05-06-2005, 03:19 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2005, 04:21 PM

Bet out on the turn, if you get raised then you know your probably in trouble but then you know where you stand.