Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 09:35 PM

Default A question for those with Multiple WSOP seats. . .

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, let me know which one is correct and i'd be happy to try and move it over.

I was railtarding the final table of a Stars DS and saw a conversation between people who have multiple seats. I understand that you get W$10,000 when you win your 2nd, 3rd whatever.

Having had the good fortune of winning one, and will be seeing and hopefully drinking with a few of y'all in Vegas, what are you multi-seat winning studs doing with your W$'s? What is the market for them? I've played a few and needless to say, there is some equity there. I mean if I can win one ANYONE can! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Feel free to fire something in my message box if you don't want to talk about it here.

Good luck to all,
Ron-
Old 05-05-2005, 09:43 PM

Default Re: A question for those with Multiple WSOP seats. . .

well, I havent really tried to win a second seat, but there are a couple of things you can use the W$ for. If I win another seat I'd use it to buy into some of the prelim events (stars will let you use them to buy into a couple of the WSOP prelim events in exchange for gear). Also, the WCOOP is coming up, and you can use the W$ for those, Or of course, you can always sell them.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:04 PM

I figured, but how many WCOOP events can you play? This Brett Favre guy, not only a great quaterback but apparantly a good poker player too has like 5 seats. Who the heck is he selling them to? And is the discount you'd have to give to get rid of them eliminating your edge (I suspect not).

Thanks for answering Mike,
R-
Old 05-06-2005, 01:01 AM

Default Brett Farve ? he plays poker

what site does he play
and what is his nic?

thanks
Old 05-06-2005, 03:17 AM

not only are the W$ good for some WSOP prelim events and the WSOP but they are also good to directly buy-in to the WSOP-circuit event in New Orleans in a few weeks.

Wouldn't be surprised if they were also good for direct buy-in for some of next season's EPT events (which I believe was the case last year).

Without bothering to check...there are an awful lot of $1k and $2k events at the WSOP that he can buy into. Even a couple $5k events I believe.

Even if he decides to sell them for cash I think he will be getting okay value for playing the DS's if he is a good player.

Remember...he is buying into these DS's with the very same W$ that he's already won.