Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 11:38 PM

Default Pokernow locked my account

I got this email from Pokernow:

Dear XXXXX,

While running checks for accounts with similar information, it has come to our attention that there is another account that shares very similar information with yours. In order to guarantee the safety of our players and remain an honest site, we only allow one real money account per player.

In order to confirm your identity and clear this situation, we kindly request that you become our Preferred Member. To become a Preferred Member, all you have to do is:

1. Go to: http://www.pay-pro.com/preferred_member.html.
2. Print out the Preferred Members Application Form.
3. Fill it in and sign it.
4. Scan or fax it along with supporting documents (government issued photo ID i.e. Driver's License or Passport and any Credit Card or Check used to fund your account front/back) to: efax@pay-pro.com (OR) alerts@pokernow.com (OR) 1 (888)-542-7009.

If you are selecting the fax option, please set your fax to scan at the highest resolution to ensure that the copy you are sending us is light and all required information is legible.

If you do not wish to reveal all information contained in the documents, you may cross out the information that does not concern PokerNow.com.

Once we receive these documents and they are approved by our Credit Team, as a token of our appreciation we will credit your account with $10.

Please rest assured that all information submitted by you is maintained private and confidential and will not be made available to any third party.

We appreciate your prompt attention and your cooperation.

Regards,

apurvam
Investigations Team for Poker
alerts@pokernow.com
http://www.pokernow.com

Kind of strange but not a big deal, all I have to do is become a preferred member by filling out their form. That form, however, wants my SSN, bank account info, and credit card number. I really don't want to give them that info. In the email it says "If you do not wish to reveal all information contained in the documents, you may cross out the information that does not concern PokerNow.com". Anyone have any idea what information does not concern PokerNow? They need to verify my idenity but do they need my SSN to do that? I funded my account with Neteller, does that mean that my banking and credit card info doesen't concern PokerNow?
Old 05-05-2005, 11:47 PM

Default Re: Pokernow locked my account

I tried to sign up for pokernow last night and was denied for the same reasons.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:32 AM

Dang, so it sounds like those of us who don't have an account at PokerNow but do have Party / Empire accounts are SOL when trying to sign up?
Old 05-06-2005, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dang, so it sounds like those of us who don't have an account at PokerNow but do have Party / Empire accounts are SOL when trying to sign up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not 100% sure what is going on with all of these accounts being closed because of having mutiple accounts, but here is what I did when I signed up with different skins. Although everyone says you need all the same info and your email has to match the one in Neteller, I just made another gmail account to use as my email for a few skins. When I originally tried to sign up at PokerNow it said I already had other accounts for me so I wouldnt be accepted, but once I changed the email, it went through. Don't know if this will come back to get me later, but I dont think so and none of my accounts have been closed yet.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:41 AM

I just got off the phone with PokerNow and they detected my other accounts at Party, Empire, and Multipoker. But get this, they didn't care that I had them--they just wanted to get my information congruent between the accounts. I set up my party and empire accounts when I lived in a different location and I set up my pokernow and multipoker accounts at the place I live now. They were fully willing to let me play at all the sites as long as my address, phone number, and email address were the same at them all. WTF
Old 05-06-2005, 12:43 AM

All my accounts at all six skins have identical information. Same neteller, same e-mail, same name, same address, etc.

No problems. A couple of times pay-pro has called me to confirm that I am who I say I am.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When I originally tried to sign up at PokerNow it said I already had other accounts for me so I wouldnt be accepted, but once I changed the email, it went through.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is unusual. I had to change my e-mail when setting up a skin-account a few weeks ago.

The part about various accounts being closed is obviously new....but this aspect about the e-mail that you noticed is not new I believe.
I'm not positive on this one though.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I honestly don't know. I guess I can deal with just whoring on empire and party. Actually this will probably force me to learn more and play better. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2005, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got off the phone with PokerNow and they detected my other accounts at Party, Empire, and Multipoker. But get this, they didn't care that I had them--they just wanted to get my information congruent between the accounts. I set up my party and empire accounts when I lived in a different location and I set up my pokernow and multipoker accounts at the place I live now. They were fully willing to let me play at all the sites as long as my address, phone number, and email address were the same at them all. WTF

[/ QUOTE ]
Why does this confuse you?

Do you think the Best Buy around the corner is pissed when you go buy something from the Best Buy across town?

I have accounts at all Party skins, not even a phone call so far.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:47 AM

I just signed up at pokernow on tuesday without any trouble. I already have an account at party, empire, and intertops. I got a call within an hour of signing up so they could verify all of the accounts but there was no problem.