Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2003, 02:20 PM

Default Transition to Single table tourneys

I've been devasted by my losses in ring game lately. The games have been super loose, and I just haven't found a formula to win. Dring Christmas, I played with 80 dollars to win it up to 1000. Maybe its just me, or the game doesn't fit my style anymore. So would you say that its a good idea to play single table tourneys?

Some things bout me.

I play a lot of freerolls and place top 20 + in those 600 + player planet poker freerolls. I have played in approximately 30 tournements, I place top 10 in 1/3 of them, in total for all freerolls ranging in size of 100-700.

Is it conceivable that I could win in sit and go tourneys?
Old 03-30-2003, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Transition to Single table tourneys

"Is it conceivable that I could win in sit and go tourneys? Sure it is.

Just remember at low limit it is more likely that you would turn $1000 into $80 than vice-versa. In other words your "setbacks" are probably the cards beginning to average out.

Old 03-30-2003, 04:14 PM

With your record it does sounds like you could handle single table tournaments. But why not buy-in for real money in the multi-table tournaments? That seems to be where your strengh lies.
Old 03-30-2003, 11:38 PM

Single table tourney has lower variance. If you are looking for lower variance, it's good, but if you have no confidence in winning ring games, I doubt single table tourney is anywhere easier unless you only plan to play $5 no limit games(I heard that they are terribly easy to beat, but I have never played). Low limit ring games are still the easiest game on earth in my opinion.