Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Poker Listings Screwed Me

I am surprised at your lack of patience with this. If you are just starting to bonus whore or play poker then i think you might have alot to learn. Throwing away 150 because it will take longer than planned sounds kinda ridiculous to me. I usually play 2500 hands a weekend some times in one day and i 4 table on one monitor to do it. The other bonuses will be there when you finish so whats the rush. Poker is all about patience, if you can't wait for good hands you won't profit from bonuses anyway and will just go broke. I am only saying this to help and nothing more. Good luck with youre choice, whatever it is. Jay [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2005, 09:14 PM

damn...putting the guilt trip on me. Now I feel like I should play it out. I don't really have time for this. I'm in school. I honest to god may not finish it in time. I four table on one monitor also. Logicaly, I will probably clear if I do. However, there are so many bonuses that I don't feel like I'll run out.

Anyway, what are the rules on creating two account on one site. I haven't played any hands on this site. I signed up on a computer on my school's computer lab, and logged in once on my dorm comp. Aside from that...will they match up my address or name or what?
Old 05-05-2005, 09:34 PM

Default Poker Listings Screwed Me, too (but I helped)

Never click on a pokerlistings link, because your relationship with that room will be forever tainted with the pokerlisting stink.

I saw a magazine ad for Pacific a while back for 100% bonus. I made a mental note of that and sometime later I logged in to my computer and Googled 'PACIFIC POKER' and clicked on one of the links that popped up. I followed the signup proceedure, and when I got to the part where one expects to enter a bonus code, I opened up my magazine to find it. But, I was too late - I had entered the Pacific Site thru a Pokerlistings portal, so I was 'automatically' 'awarded' the inferior pokerlistings bonus. Several emails to Pacific got me nowhere, and I imagine it is do to the fact they were obligated to pay pokerlistings for the 'referral'. (Pacific could care less about their customers, I wonder why they even run bonuses.)

My lack of care in this matter cost me $40. I am somewhat consoled by the fact that I got it back from the softness of the games.

This whole pokerlistings thing seems like a horrible deal for Pacific (or anyone else). As far as I can tell, pokerlistings catches people like me who are already looking for a particular site, and then 'delivers' them, for a price, to the place they were already going . . . what a scam, they provide no value for what they get.

And yes, I see the irony in me making that observation.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:39 PM

never tried but i think its a bad idea, from what ive heard, If they catch u your prob gone for good ??? not sure though
Old 05-05-2005, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I four table on one monitor also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, if you 4 table, even the slowest site 4 tabling 6 max clears over 200 hands an hour. Put 1hr a night for 10 days, bonus cleared. Do you play 5hrs a week?

Even if you only do 200 raked hands (which I did in 2hrs 3 tabling at .50/1 at a SLOOOOOW site - 60 hands/hr total) a night (call it 90 minutes), in 10 days the bonus is cleared.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Poker Listings Screwed Me, too (but I helped)

I am confused as to why the bonus' they have are so bad. They seem to be pretty nice, is it just the fact that it takes so long to clear? Or am I just that stupid?
Old 05-06-2005, 12:41 AM

Default Re: Poker Listings Screwed Me, too (but I helped)

[ QUOTE ]
I am confused as to why the bonus' they have are so bad. They seem to be pretty nice, is it just the fact that it takes so long to clear? Or am I just that stupid?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because the PL link makes it 15x hands from 5x hands for fifty dollars.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:45 AM

I did the same thing. I haven't played at multipoker since.

I'll hit them up for epassport and igmpay bonuses after awhile, though.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Poker Listings didnt do anything to screw me since I am too lazy to read the T+C when I signup at a new place. I screwed myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYT
Old 05-06-2005, 12:51 AM

Shut up. You screwed yourself by not reading the details first. Damn Pittsburgh idiots!

Scott