Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 08:01 PM

Default Re: Question to you new posters

1) I'm 24, and I graduated in '03 from Luther College with degrees in CS and Math. I now work at a major law firm in MN. (scuba, do you work downtown minneapolis?)

2) one of my friends got me into posting.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:06 PM

well im a bad poker player.. lol so i lose money
and im just working full time 22years in hawaii. and i learned of 2+2 from the books ,
i play at ub under this name.. have a good one
Old 05-05-2005, 08:17 PM

I am 24, almost Bachelor of Computer Science and currently (and hopefully in the future as well) working for a large telecommunication company in Germany.
I read about 2+2 on the back of Hold'em Poker, but didn't follow the forum until a friend ordered me to do so :>
I am bothering you guys here because i started off in ring games but tournaments are much more entertaining (imho).
Old 05-05-2005, 08:25 PM

I've been posting every once in a while since the beginning of the year, but annh, whatever.

I'm 21 (soon to be 22) and I am finishing my senior year at Denison University. I will be graduating with a BA in philosophy and going to work in Madison, Wisconsin for a healthcare software company. Since I have been to Wisconsin only once before for the interview...it'll be something of an adventure [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I found out about 2+2 after spending quite a bit of time searching for materials that talked about poker because I found that most of the books I was finding to read were really just telling me things I already knew (thanks for letting me know AA, KK, QQ and AK are good hands...). So yeah, I found this site and thought it was pretty sweet, hence I stuck around.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:27 PM

Hmmm, Carleton eh? Did you play Ultimate there? Also, what was your USCF rating before switching over to poker? I haven't played much chess since high school, but I think I was at 1550 or so.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:29 PM

I'd just like to point out that Wittenberg sucks!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2005, 08:45 PM

1) Senior doubling in Computer Science and Applied Math. 18 years old. I'm not working right now, but I was previously interning at Intel. I'm going to take this summer off and play poker.
2) From another forum (stairs in your house?)
Old 05-05-2005, 08:45 PM

I posted one of these a while back. I guess every kind of post comes up every once in a while. I'm not new in the last 6 weeks, but Yugo answered and he sure isn't.

1. 37yo - 2 tasmanian devils, er, I mean kids - UC Berkeley Math and English - For $ I do housing development, consulting, loans, brokering, web development, computer programming, poker and a couple other things. I'm not a career man.

2. I heard friends mention it a long time ago. When I started playing online I surfed around a lot of places and this is the place that stuck.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:00 PM

Hey I am French, 22 year old student in Business and trying to make poker my life, step by step (not as in the steps right?). So far it's working all right, I started 8 month ago from not knowing if the flush bet the straight, and slowly increased a 20$ bankroll. I am now 2 tabling the 33s in general), let's hope I can do as well on higher/more tables at a time!

I came accross 2+2 randomly via google, I had a suspition that the internet pros would be communicating... on the internet [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So thanks for the people posting useful advice on this board! Hopefully I will never make a bad beat post, and it's probably too late for the tiny sample question (that's for when I move up limits, wait until I have 20 [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] )
Any other frogs on 2+2?$
Old 05-05-2005, 09:14 PM

New since December.
1) 19 yr-old college student at Brown
2) a friend who got me into online poker over Thanksgiving referred me.