Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Rude Introduction to Party

[ QUOTE ]
Don't be afraid to isolate raise from LP when you have a decent hand against a single weak limper. You can often steal the pot on the flop when you and your opponent miss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Say you're at a table with one or two maniacs and you have AQo on the button. a maniac in MP raises, would it be correct in this instance to "isolate" you and him by reraising with AQo?
Old 05-05-2005, 10:30 AM

That was a great post Droolie ! If I had been able to read it earlier, I could have saved myself the money I spent on SSH. LOL.
Seriously though, good post.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't be afraid to isolate raise from LP when you have a decent hand against a single weak limper. You can often steal the pot on the flop when you and your opponent miss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Say you're at a table with one or two maniacs and you have AQo on the button. a maniac in MP raises, would it be correct in this instance to "isolate" you and him by reraising with AQo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. I fold AQo against an unknown but against a true maniac (someone who raises more than 20% of their hands pf with psycho postflop aggression and undisciplined bluffing) you are in very good shape HU with AQ. AQ UI has decent showdown strength. This is important against a maniac because it's hard to put him on hand because he'll play every hand he plays as if he AA. Because of that you don't want to fold against him HU very often. If you hit the flop the maniac will pay off beautifully. The times he pays you off will more than offset the times you're actually paying off his good hand.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:03 PM

Yeh, I was playing a B&M 3/6 game last weekend. I noticed the kid to my right liked to limp with AA and raise Ace,Rag. He open raised in MP3, I went for the iso 3-bet in CO with AQo. Unfortantely the tight old guy on the button cold-called 3 and of course, had AK. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2005, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Meh....I'm on a 100BB downswing at the moment at Party .5/1. It sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]
In one recent bonus clearing session I was up 80bbs then down 80bbs in the same session at Party .5/1. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]