Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2005, 09:29 AM

Default Button bashing?

Do you guys ever feel like your just click buttons? Apart from the reads that you have(if you have them).

i cant help but think a program could play the same as me lol.

just wondered your thought.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:32 PM

Default Re: Button bashing?

i'm guessing you're playing limit ring games. true? i moved to SnGs after a month of ring games...2 years later, i haven't looked back. i find the escalating blinds and relative chip stacks...and all of the strategies unique to STTs much more entertaining. or perhaps dabble in a little omaha or high/low stud to mix things up.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:10 AM

Default Re: Button bashing?

Occassionally when I multi-table I can fall into a robotic "zone" and maybe feel this way a bit, but it indicates I'm playing poorly and I try to snap out of it. Limit poker is a very nuanced game when played well. The merely winning player can be like a machine, but the expert is constantly in the head of their opponents winning and saving extra bets.

Some people do not enjoy this style of play and prefer the more adrenaline-laced joys of big bluffs and big bets in no limit play. I actually get way more excited about folding out a better hand with a good river raise or making a great value bet on a dangerous board with a strong read in limit than anything I've ever had happen in no limit play whether cash or tournament. But that's just me and maybe I'm weird. You'll have to find what suits you and your style best.