Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2005, 01:13 PM

Default Some good bets

Ok, so here is my thoughts on some good bets. I am going heavy on the yankees to win the world series this year for a few reasons. Their odds have jumped from a pre season 3-2 odds all the way to 5-1 just because they are in a little funk. The bottom line is that as much as you want to believe it, the orioles are not for real. They will not make the playoffs. The yankees and boston will make the playoffs, its just the way life is. If you stack the yankees team up against any team in a 7 game series, i think their pitchers are way too dominating for any team to handle. I just think that they can easily make the world series and then win it... any one agree with this bet? Also, i was wondering if anyone knew any decent win tickets or exactas for the kentucky derby coming up? it would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Old 05-04-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Re: Some good bets

[ QUOTE ]
i think their pitchers are way too dominating for any team to handle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't possibly disagree more! Bosox and NYY both have miserable pitching from rotations to bullpens. Pitching is what can (and probably will) easily sink either of these bloated payrolls.

They will both get on streaks and make a run for it. But baseball being baseball it shouldn't surprise anyone if they don't. Last year it was a wildcard and before that Florida and Angels who were never exactly favorites untill they actually took home the trpohy. Baseball is full of surprises. Especially for chalk chasers [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2005, 01:31 PM

Randy Johnson, Carl Pavano, Mike Mussina, Kevin Brown....I like their chances of winning a series against anyone when they are all healthy which they will be come playoffs.... That rotation is better then 5-1....
Old 05-04-2005, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Randy Johnson, Carl Pavano, Mike Mussina, Kevin Brown

[/ QUOTE ]

Johnson is hurt (and old), Pavano is adjusting to pinstripes and Brown and Mussina are toast. Middle relief blows too once Mussina and Brown get torched.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:46 PM

Dont be ignorant. Johnson is one of the best pitchers in the league. Mussina is playoff experienced and is who i would want on the mound in a big game.Brown is great if he is healthy whihc he will be. Middle relief is ok with gordon and stanton. They can get the job done if the starters go their 7 innings, whihc they can. Finally Mariano Rivera, whihc although early struggles, the best closer in the game. Again, a good buy at 5-1, although yankee haters wont ever admit it
Old 05-04-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
although yankee haters wont ever admit it

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm no Yankee hater! I LOVE them! They have the best inflated lines to fade in either league. I don't know where I'd be without them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It's obvious you are a Yankee fan. I think you would be well served by taking a critical and objective look at them if you actually risk money betting on baseball games. There is typically very little value in betting on them and the world series at 5-1 is ludicrously bad even if they turn it around and win their division running away (which is doubtful).
Old 05-04-2005, 03:37 PM

AHAHAHAHA!

Number 1 rule of sports betting: bet with your head, not with your heart.

I'll be bumping this thread when the Yanks don't even come close to winning the Series.