Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2005, 07:42 PM

Default Rio starts sats to wsop today

i've heard alot of info, but i'm specifically looking to see if anyones gone down there, thw wait time it took to fill one and which buyin fills the fastest cause i know buyins run from 125 to 1030
Old 05-02-2005, 08:10 PM

Default Re: Rio starts sats to wsop today

bumpity-bump... I'm interested as well. Sounded to me like 1st place in the $125 was a pair of T$500 chips and $120 cash, with the house taking $125 in profit. Yes? No?
Old 05-02-2005, 08:16 PM

Yes that's what i've heard as well, i've heard $175 buy in gets 3 $500 chips and $225 buy in is 4 $ 500 chips.And i want to go this weekend and at least play 1 to try, but i don't want to sit around all day waiting for one to go. I'd much rather play the $125 one myself, and would like to know the frequency at which they would run, i know it's on interest but how many would run a day usually 4-7?. I guess i may have to try it for myself but thought someone here may have gone down there today.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:55 AM

I am going to be there the 8th-13th and wanted to play a few $125..thinking about playing the 2,000 event if I do well down there next week.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:13 PM

Let me know if you pick an extact day to go down and try a couple 125 sats i'll go down that day too, at maybe a certain time that way the wait will be shorter, and we have a 1/5 shot of one of us winning the damn thing. I'll take that over 1/10 , i'm not saying we collude but just knowing you won it instead of some jobber would be cool with me.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:42 PM

By the way....big fan of the word jobber. I am thinking the best time may be at night after 8pm to get some sats going. I think that can be one of those things you can talk people into doing.

Who doesn't want to qualify for the WSOP?

I am down for playing any night...hell, that is all I will be doing for a week anyway is playing poker non-stop so it's not like I am booked for anything.