Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Re: For the record

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PV same thing, if you think it will help you make money, even at the .50-1 level, it should pay for itself.

[/ QUOTE ]
By this logic, it could cost $10,000 and it would still be worth it. It would eventually pay for itself. It's a basic example of supply and demand. At $50, the demand is low. Thus, to maximize their profits, they should lower the price so that supply equlas demand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Supply is pretty much unlimited. I don't know if he would sell twice as many copies if they cost $25 instead fo 50$. I suspect he wouldn't.

I bought it since it is the only tool that handles SnGs well. Yes, I would rather have paid $25 but I value the use I have of the program to be at least $50. Much more than that and he probably wouldn't have got my purchase.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Re: To all the PV haters

[ QUOTE ]
My guess is anyone who thinks $50 is overpriced has probably never written any sort of software in their life.

[/ QUOTE ]

As both a commercial and open source software developer for the past decade, I can tell you your guess is wrong.

The funny thing about this debate (to me) is that I use GT+ (I don't just play on Party; I like to see the person's name next to the stats so I know they're for the guy sitting there, not the guy that just left, etc), but if PV were $20ish I'd consider paying it for two reasons --

1) Encouraging future development for this kind of thing is a Good Thing, in my opinion
2) Having an extra tool in my toolbox, even if I rarely or never use it, is something that I'd be willing to "impulse buy", and $20 is around my limit for impulse buys

As it is, Amir's lost a potential customer who might have purchased just because it now had a price tag -- even though I'd only used it for about five minutes ever before -- by picking a too-high price point.

I get the impression from what I've read around here that the debate is pointless -- Amir's free to set the price wherever he wants, and he has; and those of us who aren't Amir can choose to either buy it or not, and we have.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really just think it's a poor business decision on his part. I believe he could sell way more than twice as many if he sold it for $25.

[/ QUOTE ]

How would selling twice as many at $25 be a good thing? This wouldn't show any increase in profit, and would increase his client base requiring twice as much support.

-EV.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like to see the person's name next to the stats so I know they're for the guy sitting there, not the guy that just left,

[/ QUOTE ]

Playerview does this as well.

Krishan
Old 05-04-2005, 02:01 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Alobar's allowed. You shut up.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's one thing to start another thread if you don't see an existing one; but to know there's a thread going on a topic and start and new one......why? These exact same things were being discussed in about 3 other threads. Agree or disagree with the price of playerview, but don't be an idiot and start another thread. That's cool if Alobar is your boyfriend, but it was still stupid to start a new thread when there's at so many others going.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice ownage
Old 05-04-2005, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really just think it's a poor business decision on his part. I believe he could sell way more than twice as many if he sold it for $25.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree. I also don't really believe PV will help me $50 more than GT will.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree.

I find gametime+ to be the far superior product. I just can't shake how UGLY pv looks. Of course, some of gametime's failings (not showing stats for tables I'm not on, having to add tables) don't affect me as much because I don't play at a level (right now) where I have to scout hard and I only 4 table.

I paid $50 for PT, and have taken peopel who've used cracked versions to task. If PV was the only product on the market, I would pay $50 for it as well. However, given that gametime+ exists, and is a far more professional looking product, I think charging for PV is pretty silly.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My guess is anyone who thinks $50 is overpriced has probably never written any sort of software in their life.

[/ QUOTE ]

As both a commercial and open source software developer for the past decade, I can tell you your guess is wrong.

The funny thing about this debate (to me) is that I use GT+ (I don't just play on Party; I like to see the person's name next to the stats so I know they're for the guy sitting there, not the guy that just left, etc), but if PV were $20ish I'd consider paying it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Fantastic. Now you can save yourself $30 from your idea of a fair price and spend weeks or months modifying open source GT code to match PV's capabilities.

GT going open source

Have fun.

KoW
Old 05-04-2005, 02:36 PM

Default Re: For the record

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

WTF does winrate have to do with anything?

Does PV make your desicions for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

It increases my win rate allowing ME make BETTER (of course, not yet perfect) split second decisions while 8+ tabling.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:49 PM

Amir did something similar for me. I paid for it without a second thought.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my contention. The pop-up came up... I was like, damn, well... ok... expecting $20-30.

-d