Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2005, 11:02 AM

Default Re: The worst played 15-30 hand I have ever seen

[ QUOTE ]
I hate these hands where everything goes fine, until you see the pot gliding the wrong way!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sad, but true. Any time I'm not raised and called down I figure I'm winning the hand. Not always the case.

Back on topic: while this is odd, it certainly can't be the weirdest Party 15 hand anyone has seen ... I've only been in that game for a few months and it's madness sometimes (often? always?).

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com
Old 05-04-2005, 11:46 AM

Yeah man, great post, more bad beat stories is what this forum needs
Old 05-04-2005, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that's a pretty good read by queens to save a bet, but really the best play is by the straight, which induced you to keep betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but he closed the action on the river with the NUTS! It's not like a raise here is gonna cost you any bets...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's an image play. If he won't raise this... imagine how quickly you fold when he DOES raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if he's not gonna raise the nuts I'm probably more likely to call a raise later on thinking it's more of a bluff or semi-bluff.

I don't think it's much of an image play, I don't raise with the nuts so next time I do raise I must have the nuts? I don't see it, but you more than likely have more experience than I, so I will defer to you that this is a good play...

One thing I could see is that check/calling the nuts down in this case will make it less likely that someone will bet after you check on straight/flush board like this one in the future, and thus you could get to draw out more often or save some bets getting to showdown with a 2nd best hand...
Old 05-04-2005, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that's a pretty good read by queens to save a bet, but really the best play is by the straight, which induced you to keep betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but he closed the action on the river with the NUTS! It's not like a raise here is gonna cost you any bets...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's an image play. If he won't raise this... imagine how quickly you fold when he DOES raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if he's not gonna raise the nuts I'm probably more likely to call a raise later on thinking it's more of a bluff or semi-bluff.

I don't think it's much of an image play, I don't raise with the nuts so next time I do raise I must have the nuts? I don't see it, but you more than likely have more experience than I, so I will defer to you that this is a good play...

One thing I could see is that check/calling the nuts down in this case will make it less likely that someone will bet after you check on straight/flush board like this one in the future, and thus you could get to draw out more often or save some bets getting to showdown with a 2nd best hand...

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a joke implying he'd need something stronger than the nuts to raise.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing against a Nut-Caller makes it easier to go for the value bet on the end. If I know I'm never facing a chk-raise I'm only offering my opponent 1-1 instead of 2-1 on my bet.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:22 PM

these guy play like donks.. it's horrible.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:46 PM

Maybe b/c giving a free card in this big pot would be a total disaster and if you're beat, you lose lots more.

Jeff
Old 05-04-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a joke implying he'd need something stronger than the nuts to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I need to work on the sense of humour part of my game! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]