Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2005, 09:57 AM

Default A simple hand

Online 40-80 6-handed

First to act limps, second to act limps, Cutoff limps and Tough-Aggressive Button raises. He raises 20% of the time pre flop. I'm in the small blind with 7c7s and cold call. Big blind calls and its called around.

Six to the flop for twelve bets.

Flop comes Th-8s-7d

I bet, Big blind folds and it is called around to the button who raises. What is my action?
Old 05-04-2005, 10:10 AM

Default Re: A simple hand

3-bet and lead the turn? Limpers will probably call 2 more, you have huge equity. Stop and go is inferior to getting extra bets in on the flop. I can't see how planning to check the turn could be a good idea. So 3-bet and lead.

Krishan
Old 05-04-2005, 11:05 AM

This is an absolute no brainer checkraise on the flop. Make straight draws pay the price to play. How you played it...reraise the flop. But seriously, re-evaluate your flop play with that board. I'd be more tempted to bet-3 bet on a ragged board when I flop the set.

Jeff
Old 05-04-2005, 11:10 AM

He says the button is aggressive so has reason to think that his flop bet will be raised and give him a chance to 3-bet. I like leading the flop here.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:22 AM

There are 3 limpers in between him and the button. You don't want to give them a good price for gutshots, etc. If you checkraise the button, these draws will be getting a little less than 7-1 to continue and there will be the threat of a 3 bet. If you bet the flop, these players will be making correct calls with gutters and other weak draws. If the flop was 7-2-4, I'd fully support your reasoning. But hero's hand is not the mortal nuts here and there are many turn cards you don't want to see. Plus, if they still play for two bets, that's ok too. I just think checkraising the flop is very clear here.

Jeff